Use UV filter or CPL filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrandonSit

May 31, 2005
I have a UV filter and a CPL filter but which do i mount on my lens ? I know both of them got different function but which is the 1 to keep it always mounted on the lens ?

If i mount a UV filter but want to take a picture with the sky nice nice and blue do i have to change to the CPL and then after taking change back to UV again ?

I have a UV filter and a CPL filter but which do i mount on my lens ? I know both of them got different function but which is the 1 to keep it always mounted on the lens ?

If i mount a UV filter but want to take a picture with the sky nice nice and blue do i have to change to the CPL and then after taking change back to UV again ?

A UV protector to protect ur lens from scratches and accidental knocks. And yes, to take the sky, please remove ur UV filter first then mount the CPL. If u try stacking, may result in vignetting.

Sori to hijack the thread for a quick question..:) Do we need to rotate the CPL to achieve the effect or just mount and use?
A UV protector to protect ur lens from scratches and accidental knocks. And yes, to take the sky, please remove ur UV filter first then mount the CPL. If u try stacking, may result in vignetting.

Sori to hijack the thread for a quick question..:) Do we need to rotate the CPL to achieve the effect or just mount and use?

You have to rotate the CPL until you get your desired effect.

I have a UV filter and a CPL filter but which do i mount on my lens ?
I know both of them got different function but which is the 1 to keep it always mounted on the lens ?

Neither. If there was a filter supposed to be on the lens all the time, the lens manufacturer would have built it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.