Use Universal TV/VCR Remote For D50/70 Remote

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZapMonster

Feb 7, 2006
Happen to have one of this Universal Remote bought from Gaint few months back at about $15 or so to replace my TV/DVD/VCR remotes all at the same time.
Learnt from the web that the infra-code of the D50 remote is similar to Sony and JVC devices.
Confirm & chopped. Now I have a TV/DVD/VCR/D50 remote that could fire my D50 across the room ;p

Here are the Details:
Brand/Model: PowerPac RM-1001 Universal Remote
Code to program: 298 or Sony VCR
Activation Button: Play

I am happy now, I got another use for my remote.

DSC_0107.jpg

Just to share.

Hahaha :thumbsup: Good for you, but pity it would be too big to lug out for use on the streets.

Would look very cute pointing a TV remote at your camera with people looking :bsmilie: Innovative :thumbsup:

omfg this is sooo darn cute. taking a remote and shooting. whahaha. damn cool nowadays. what's next man? ;p

Koelsch said:
omfg this is sooo darn cute. taking a remote and shooting. whahaha. damn cool nowadays. what's next man? ;p
'CLAP' remote trigger.

Clap your hand to take picture :bsmilie: .

Regards,
Arto.

A $ more (maybe less) and you could have purchased the original Nikon Infrared Remote Control ML-L3 and with the added portability.

It would be fantastic if you can use the remote to trigger the D200, which requires an expensive dedicated remote to work, although I am still waiting eagerly to get that cam.

:) well.... I got one laying at home, might as well make full use of it. Got a card size one I tuck somewhere, maybe I would use that to learn from this big ma-ma. Then I can use that for my photo outing.

Most welcome, bro. If i not wrong, the "5" button also activate the shutter. Enjoy your added features on ur existing remote.

I thought the D200 doesn't have IR?

smallaperture said:
It would be fantastic if you can use the remote to trigger the D200, which requires an expensive dedicated remote to work, although I am still waiting eagerly to get that cam.

espn said:
Hahaha :thumbsup: Good for you, but pity it would be too big to lug out for use on the streets.

Would look very cute pointing a TV remote at your camera with people looking :bsmilie: Innovative :thumbsup:
Yeah.. I think so too.. :thumbsup:

yyD70S said:
A $ more (maybe less) and you could have purchased the original Nikon Infrared Remote Control ML-L3 and with the added portability.
Yeah.. The ML-L3 is not that expensive. Just about 2 rolls of slide film. You just need to shoot 72 shots with it and you know that it is already worth it.

If you have the original remote, can try do a outdoor test to see which has a longer range?

The universal remote should be powered by 2 x AAA battery. Can remote from further? :dunno:

HeWolf said:
If you have the original remote, can try do a outdoor test to see which has a longer range?

The universal remote should be powered by 2 x AAA battery. Can remote from further? :dunno:
The ML-L3 can go about 25-30m.

i tot the net ones are hoaxes.. cos I tried with all the remotes in my house also cannot work.. ahah

yanyewkay said:
i tot the net ones are hoaxes.. cos I tried with all the remotes in my house also cannot work.. ahah

All instruction send by remotes run on diff coded infra-red signal, there are millions of configurations, just need to get the right one. ;p
If u own one of Sony VCR, maybe the remote could work on yours. ;)

agreed with zapmonster. anyway, the idea works as i got the same remote and the code is for sony vcrs. So if u got a Sony vcr or tv remote with vcr control, it may work.

But i probably wouldn't bring a tv remote out for a photoshot =)

Status
Not open for further replies.