use of wide lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

donald

Jan 30, 2004
I am currently using a canon A80 and i just purchased a wide lens 0.5 wide from vitacon but i find that i can't take a proper night shot with the lens blocking my flashlight. Now even the adaptor is blocking it too. i tried using slower shuttle speed (15"") and smaller aperture (f2.8) and set iso to 50 but if i am taking a person, how do i set? i can't expect that person to stand still for 15 secs, do i? duhz can any1 tell me how to solve this prob in a cheap way without buying add flashlight?

:dunno:

Thats the problem with the adapters. If you have a ceiling try making a card to bounce the flash up. Thats a thread here teaching how to make one, try looking for it.

thanks for ur reply :)

Hi Donald,

Maybe you can try setting the ISO to 400 instead of 50. Then your subjects need only stand still for 1-2 secs instead of 15 secs. You may end up with a slightly noisier image though, as a trade-off.

Cheers,
Adrian.

ya i tried b4 but the pictures turns out to be very grainy and i dun quite like it. tats why i am trying to find a perfect solution to it. :sweat:

Actually, I saw your post to sell your camera. Do not make sense to sell off something just because the wcon blocks your flash. Just remove it, best solution. What if you buy a 300D and feels it is lacking in wide angle? Sell it and get a 1Ds (selling now at abt $11K)?

theITguy said:
Actually, I saw your post to sell your camera. Do not make sense to sell off something just because the wcon blocks your flash. Just remove it, best solution. What if you buy a 300D and feels it is lacking in wide angle? Sell it and get a 1Ds (selling now at abt $11K)?

the only prob is that i can't sell off my A80 with the lens now. hahaha no buyers :) btw the canon 1Ds looks great, maybe i shld have bought that in the first place, kinda regret now wor :cry:

donald said:
btw the canon 1Ds looks great, maybe i shld have bought that in the first place, kinda regret now wor :cry:

Woah, I hope you're joking here... :think:

why do u say that? :dunno:

donald said:
why do u say that? :dunno:

Regret that you didn't buy the 1Ds and chose an A80 instead?
Erm...nevermind...it's just a quirk of mine...don't want to impress my personal views on others... :)

:sweat:

hi fai,1Ds cost $11k so they think you know money to buy lah.they thought you joking.go get one and show us here. :bsmilie:

zaxh81 said:
hi fai,1Ds cost $11k so they think you know money to buy lah.they thought you joking.go get one and show us here. :bsmilie:

Erm, just to clarify, that was not what...at least for me...I was thinking. Ability to buy the camera was not my point.

If anybody needs me to explain what I was thinking, PM me and I'll give you a piece of my mind. :)

Ah Pao, dun take it to heart, i am sure he was just joking to me. :) duhz the camera is really exp too. i am not tat prof to use it too unless my father is bill gates. ;p

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.