use of warm filter with digital camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

abc0455

Dec 22, 2005
HI want to know (1) Is it useful to use a warm filter with digital camera? (2) If we use it, what is the WB setting? Can it be auto? (3) What is the best explorsure setting? Thanks :)

You'd need to use the preset white balance or custom white balance.

HI want to know (1) Is it useful to use a warm filter with digital camera? (2) If we use it, what is the WB setting? Can it be auto? (3) What is the best explorsure setting? Thanks :)

Do you know what a Warm Filter does? If not, why would you want to use one in the first place?
(Spoonfeeding won't get you anywhere...)

I suppose you have a lot of spoons. Give answer & help and I don't need a lecture from you. Be nice and happy.:)

Google. The answer is that it's up to you. If you like spending time PP-ing, you don't need to do it. But if you know how to use it, a warming filter is a great help.

I don't see the need of a warm/cool filter when using a digital because the WB is adjustable. Such filters are only used when shooting slides and you know the colour of the ambieint lighting is not what you desire.

If you use auto WB, you effectively negate the effect of the filter. Use it only with a fixed WB or a custom WB as mentioned by others. Still, I think all you need to do is to set the WB to a higher colour temprature than that of the lighting to get warm effect and set it lower to get cool effect.

As for exposure setting, there is a filter factor engraved/printed on the filter or in the documentation. If you're metering with an external light meter, you will need to add in the filter factor to get your final exposure. If you're using TTL metering with your camera, then you don't have to do anything.

Thanks for the useful answers :)

1. sure why not
2. WB setting can be anything you want
3. no such thing as best explorsure setting

I suppose you have a lot of spoons. Give answer & help and I don't need a lecture from you. Be nice and happy.:)

I suppose you need to know how to be humble when asking. I am sure you havent done any homework on what these filter does.

Why are you asking people to be nice when you are not even nice to yourself ?

Status
Not open for further replies.