Use of internal flash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hkingx

Sep 17, 2008
Singapore. North/East
:bigeyes: when i take portrait photo with my internal flash fire, i realise something there's shadow behide :cry: anyway to take portrait photo with internal flash fired while can reduce the shadow or no shadow.?

any other solution then having an external flash to bounce it...:sweatsm:

:bigeyes: when i take portrait photo with my internal flash fire, i realise something there's shadow behide :cry: anyway to take portrait photo with internal flash fired while can reduce the shadow or no shadow.?

any other solution then having an external flash to bounce it...:sweatsm:

this is a physical problem. You can use something to diffuse the flash a bit but as long as the diffusion surface is also small, you will likely get shadows. Only good way to prevent shadows is to have a larger light source (hence bounce) or several light sources.

However, you may try reducing the flash power with flash exposure compensation to minus, so it will act as a fill flash only providing barely enough light to illuminate only the foreground object. Read a bit about fill flash and you'll get the idea.

Something with bounce flash also can kena shadow. Only can diffuse to soften the shadow a bit. Internal use a tissue paper to try soften the shadow a bit.

Or find a brighter background or illuminate the background (if with proper setup.)

Move the subject further away from the background, or choose a distant background whenever possible. Having a close wall for a background will give strong shadows, even with external (direct) flash.

any other solution then having an external flash to bounce it...:sweatsm:[/QUOTE]

bounce flash...assume you are indoor so quite close to a wall rite.

Standing away from wall is a better option but if taking big group may have problem to move a group and yake sometime.

Personally, I would avoid built in flash as much as possible. External flash is always a good idea. However, you need to bounce to increase the light source of your flash.

Status
Not open for further replies.