Use of Flashlight


Status
Not open for further replies.

eng_keow

New Member
Oct 8, 2004
1,022
0
0
Mt Alvernia Hospital
www.pbase.com
#1
Here are some pics I took whilst attending a flashlight course:

Please give me some comments and criticism. More ideas are welcomed!





Thanks for viewing.
 

#4
1stly, wat camera system are u using? this is important becos every camera system has different flash output capability and flash metering system.

u mentioned it is flashlight photography course, is it TTL flash or u calculate the flash exposure?


1st one is simply front curtain sync. looks good.

2nd one... nothing special.
 

eng_keow

New Member
Oct 8, 2004
1,022
0
0
Mt Alvernia Hospital
www.pbase.com
#5
denniskee said:
#2 looks like "she hulk", green cast very heavy lay.
thanks. maybe the green bg is too strong in this case. point taken. actually i think it's my ps that created the impression. not very at it lah. still trying. ;)
 

eng_keow

New Member
Oct 8, 2004
1,022
0
0
Mt Alvernia Hospital
www.pbase.com
#6
Cheesecake said:
1stly, wat camera system are u using? this is important becos every camera system has different flash output capability and flash metering system.

u mentioned it is flashlight photography course, is it TTL flash or u calculate the flash exposure?


1st one is simply front curtain sync. looks good.

2nd one... nothing special.
Thanks cheesecake.

I was using 1Dmk2 wth 580ex on ETTL-II. 1st pic was taken on 2s, f8 and front curtain sync.

2nd pic was done with her under the shade of the cassia tree which we were using as the backdrop to the pic. The flash was used as a fill-in flash.
 

#7
eng_keow said:
Thanks cheesecake.

I was using 1Dmk2 wth 580ex on ETTL-II. 1st pic was taken on 2s, f8 and front curtain sync.

2nd pic was done with her under the shade of the cassia tree which we were using as the backdrop to the pic. The flash was used as a fill-in flash.
oh! canon! :bsmilie:

i like the 1st pic...




i hope the flash course has been beneficial to u. its a beginner's course to flash fotography?
 

eng_keow

New Member
Oct 8, 2004
1,022
0
0
Mt Alvernia Hospital
www.pbase.com
#8
Cheesecake said:
oh! canon! :bsmilie:

i like the 1st pic...




i hope the flash course has been beneficial to u. its a beginner's course to flash fotography?
Thanks. u canon guy too?

the course was organised by PSS. Very good but I think a bit overcrowded. There were about 10 of us. I think 6 to 8 may be better but we had to share to pay the model. So guess can't complain unless I am willing to pay more. :(
 

#9
eng_keow said:
Thanks. u canon guy too?

the course was organised by PSS. Very good but I think a bit overcrowded. There were about 10 of us. I think 6 to 8 may be better but we had to share to pay the model. So guess can't complain unless I am willing to pay more. :(
Canon? no la. :bsmilie:

u mean the course's fees does not include the model?
 

Aug 12, 2006
71
0
0
#14
the first one looks like mutiple exposure. the feature that nikon D80 is reviving.
 

eng_keow

New Member
Oct 8, 2004
1,022
0
0
Mt Alvernia Hospital
www.pbase.com
#15
manila gorila said:
the first one looks like mutiple exposure. the feature that nikon D80 is reviving.
Not sure how multiple exposures will come out but this was done with the flash set to 1st curtain sync. I am sure u noe what it means.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom