Use of camera equipment as weapons

Status
Not open for further replies.
just my tripod for some stray dogs who were getting a little too frisky and personal... :D

The thread whose link i posted degenerates into a pro-gun carrying and anti-gun carrying argument. But one thing mentioned that makes sense is the bit someone mentioned about buying insurance. I think its about time i got my cameras and lenses insured. I remember a thread on clubsnap about insurance.... have to go search for it.

Originally posted by Derrick
The thread whose link i posted degenerates into a pro-gun carrying and anti-gun carrying argument. But one thing mentioned that makes sense is the bit someone mentioned about buying insurance. I think its about time i got my cameras and lenses insured. I remember a thread on clubsnap about insurance.... have to go search for it.
here...

http://www.income.com.sg/insurance/mobilequip/

i'm also considering insurance for some of the more expensive equipment...

why use expensive camera equipment as weapons when u can use ur own body?

the very sight of another human twisting the limbs or digits off a hapless being is a sight to behold :) not to mention the audible *crunchy* sound u get and the howls of agony and pain from the victim.

ohhh... kinky :p

Originally posted by pyre

the very sight of another human twisting the limbs or digits off a hapless being is a sight to behold :) not to mention the audible *crunchy* sound u get and the howls of agony and pain from the victim.

:what: :what: :what:

If there ever was a price on my head, I believe it will surpass that of my camera & equipment. :confused:

INteresting discussion on fighting styles

my personal preference is to get close to the person and go straight for the throat. The throat is a very soft spot and it might be quite lethal to apply too strong a force if the intention is not to maim.

Once a reasonable strike is applied, it would be advisable to work on the body especially the ribs area to ensure that the air is taken away from him.

Once you don breath properly, you remain vulnerable and will be busy trying to catch your breath then think of any defensive or counter defensive moves.

of coz there are those who argue that you shd end the whole thing by flooring the fellow but I prefer to keep the guy standing and off balance while taking out his arms, a simple twist followed by a carefully placed blow at the shoulder and elbow joint should do the job.

Keep in mind to not forget his lower back area.

actually i'll just kick him/her in the unmentionables... dirty but effective. :bsmilie: :D

Originally posted by Larry
actually i'll just kick him/her in the unmentionables... dirty but effective. :bsmilie: :D

effective but u must be good to connect...

if you miss, you will lose balance or worse still, let the fellow have a free shot at you (usu head blow)

best way is to drop to knee and deliver a punch but then it takes practice to perfect the move.

Originally posted by Derrick
Anyone ever had to use a piece of camera equipment (camera body, tripod, etc) as a weapon?

Apart from fending off dogs and other animals I've only had to actually hit two people with camera gear in the past 25 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.