use blower on sensor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeanie

May 19, 2005
i went through my pics and realised got 2 dust spots.

mirror up and realised 2 tiny white specks.as i do not know how to clean my sensor, i use a blower to blow off the dust.

q:will this spoil my sensor?:embrass: :dunno:

Blowing will not spoil the sensor.

actually alot of things dun spoil the sensor... just depends on how kiasu u are.

i would use a cotton bud with glass cleaning solution on it (alcohol) but that's me.

and.. i have a 2hp air compressor that can blow a mean blow.. but i haven't tried that on the sensor yet. :bsmilie:

There is a thick piece of Anti-Aliasing Glass aka Hot Mirror in front of the sensor that will protect it. Blowing won't caused any problem. If you still feeling not safe, send to NSC for cleaning too.

I think this question should be posted in other sub-forum instead even though you are using a Nikon camera, this question is very general in nature.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

i use my art airbrush with compressed air to blow. then i squirt in some water and wipe the sensor clean. afterwhich i add in some alcohol, leave it to dry and then wipe again with tissue paper.

then i use my airbrush with compressed air to blow again. then i repeat the circle again for 3 times.

then i take my camera to service center for a final cleaning.

whoa thats through...

i use my art airbrush with compressed air to blow. then i squirt in some water and wipe the sensor clean. afterwhich i add in some alcohol, leave it to dry and then wipe again with tissue paper.

then i use my airbrush with compressed air to blow again. then i repeat the circle again for 3 times.

then i take my camera to service center for a final cleaning.

you are kidding me :sweat:
i know its a boring sunday, nothing to do, except wait for the F1 race tonight. But please lah, squirt in water :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

i went through my pics and realised got 2 dust spots.

mirror up and realised 2 tiny white specks.as i do not know how to clean my sensor, i use a blower to blow off the dust.

q:will this spoil my sensor?:embrass: :dunno:

Welcome to the world of "Dust on sensor". My favourite gripe about DSLRs :bsmilie:

Using the blower to blow off dust is not gonna spoil the sensor. Sometimes when you are lucky (the way I usually am), the dust specks will just move around. So, be more stubborn (than they are) and give them a few more beatings and it should be fine.

you are kidding me
i know its a boring sunday, nothing to do, except wait for the F1 race tonight. But please lah, squirt in water

i dun think its funny. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: the way u clean ur sensor might be different from mine but tat doesn't mean i'm joking. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

i'm just very very thorough.:thumbsup:

There is a thick piece of Anti-Aliasing Glass aka Hot Mirror in front of the sensor that will protect it. Blowing won't caused any problem. If you still feeling not safe, send to NSC for cleaning too.

I think this question should be posted in other sub-forum instead even though you are using a Nikon camera, this question is very general in nature.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

i understand.thanks for moving the thread.

not that i do not want to bring to nikon service to clean.but after reading a thread recently that someone sent it there and the dust are still there, sort of puts me off.

i really cant afford the time to make a few trips there.

so can i safely say, whenever i see dust specks on my sensor, all i need is to invert it and blow at it with a blower so that hopefully, the dusts gets blown out of the body?

so can i safely say, whenever i see dust specks on my sensor, all i need is to invert it and blow at it with a blower so that hopefully, the dusts gets blown out of the body?

try to do this in a "clean room", you don't want to be blowing more dust into the body. :)

it would be good to learn more about how to remove sensor dust on travelling. but very often the kit is expensive, or not portable (air brush). and the blower is generally safe but not very effective. for the fear and infamiliarity with electronics, i ended up always sending to NSC and paying for it....

the delkin sensorscope looks interesting but wow, that's very ex too.

it would be good to learn more about how to remove sensor dust on travelling. but very often the kit is expensive, or not portable (air brush). and the blower is generally safe but not very effective. for the fear and infamiliarity with electronics, i ended up always sending to NSC and paying for it....

the delkin sensorscope looks interesting but wow, that's very ex too.

can have more info on the delkin sensor thing?how ex?that's for cleaning sensors?

try to do this in a "clean room", you don't want to be blowing more dust into the body. :)

I used to do that in a class 10000 environment with dry N2 gas. :thumbsup:

hmm. i use a nylon art brush, then use a blower and blow to charge up static. then i use e brush to clean e sensor.

can have more info on the delkin sensor thing?how ex?that's for cleaning sensors?

it's like a magnifier for diamond and gems. you can check out more from the link in my thread page 7 or google it.

Status
Not open for further replies.