Usd/sgd

Scoop

Oct 27, 2009
Singapore
SGD is rising fast and strong against the USD. 1USD=S$1.29

Time to BBB???

:devil::devil:

Basically, most currencies are pretty strong against the weak USD. Today, 1S$ reaches HK$6 mark as HK$ is pegged against USD...

Sgd is rising, bad for exporting. If keep going up no more factory in singapore. Goverment need to do something or they may already done it

The government actually is allowing this appreciation cos they widened the band which SGD is allowed to trade against the USD

but buying lenses from HK sounds like a very interesting proposition now.. too bad i'm not going there anytime soon.. :(

wanted to do a credit card purchase from Japan. Will it be a double conversion? Yen to Usd then to Sgd.

maybe it is time to buy USD instead
USD still has more room to go down, Nov 3 is a key date as the Fed will very likely release more quantitative easing (bring in more funds into the market = printing more paper dollars), this will lead to a weaker dollar

But stocks will go up :)

Last edited:
I was walking past the Arcade this afternoon to a meeting..... almost EVERY money changer there had lines 10-15 deep mostly buying US$ LOL !!!

when this happens and public thinks its USD is low enough against SGD.......USD will likely go lower

I was walking past the Arcade this afternoon to a meeting..... almost EVERY money changer there had lines 10-15 deep mostly buying US$ LOL !!!

when this happens and public thinks its USD is low enough against SGD.......USD will likely go lower

Saw similar scenes today at several money changers too..

I don't think the USD rates are determined by the public opinion here. I mean USD is weaking because of the conditions over there
If anything, more people here buying USD may mean that its price may go up, although also unlikely