USD$5000 to spare?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfgang

Apr 29, 2002
Riddle Realms
wolfgang.clubsnap.org
HI y'all;

This is not a joke and i got this off the following website.

A small group will travel into the field with Steve McCurry to eastern Tibet—an area known as Kham by 4WD vehicle. The group will maintain a flexible itinerary with Tibet based on photographic opportunities at the time. Steve plans visiting one or both of the horse festivals at Jyekundo and Litang, traveling through the gorge at Kham and stopping at various places along the way.

The cost: $4,795

So, if anyone is keen, head over to the website and check it out. :)

Do post here if anyone actually does sign up. ;)

i'm actually interested.. but too bad i can't take that long leave.. and i got no $$$.. oh well.

It is important to note that the cost of this trip is US$4795 which is dunno how much SGD....

Still quite expensive, but I guess some part of it goes back into Steve McCurry as well.

Wow, depending on the no. of days of this "quest", I think I can break it down to :

US$795
---------
Tibetan Interpreter
Transportation by 4WD vehicle in Tibet
Breakfast and dinner
Lodging

US$4000
----------
Daily field workshops by Steve

It pays to be famous :)

regards
..NuTs..

Having had the "opportunity" to go shooting with steve mccurry (and a group of his entourage),
i would rather save the money and go to Tibet myself than to waste us$5000 of my hard earned money to someone who is only famous because of that one photograph.

nuts said:
Wow, depending on the no. of days of this "quest", I think I can break it down to :

US$795
---------
Tibetan Interpreter
Transportation by 4WD vehicle in Tibet
Breakfast and dinner
Lodging

US$4000
----------
Daily field workshops by Steve

It pays to be famous :)

regards
..NuTs..

hsimay said:
Having had the "opportunity" to go shooting with steve mccurry (and a group of his entourage),
i would rather save the money and go to Tibet myself than to waste us$5000 of my hard earned money to someone who is only famous because of that one photograph.

hehe...dun think you need to spend 5000 bucks to ask Tibatian to look into your camera and smiles..... :blah:

Wah...5K...go buy secondhand Leica first, then with the rest of the cash go Tibet...woot...

Wondering if anyone, with the relevant experience, might want to organise a shooting trip to Tibet, one that is priced more realistically. i for one would be very keen.

BTW, that USD4795 does NOT include airfare - you still have to fly there yourself. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.