USB or Card Reader??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anatta

Feb 26, 2008
Hi,

I just bought my first DSLR, just wonder what method to use for transfer image from the DSLR to the computer.

which one is better USB cable or to use card reader???

Thanks for answering my stupid question ;)

Upsss I don't read the poll sorry........

Go with a card reader. Just got myself a decent one from Sony...$29 from PK Computer @ Funan.

sony-mrw62eS2-external-memory-card-reader.jpg

Thanks a lot for your kind reply guys. I will go to Funan tomorrow after finish work.

Btw that's Sony card reader is so cool, but it's 29 :bigeyes:

that one Sony thats y ex. can find cheaper alternatives one...

I use card readers. The main reason being it is a big drain on camera batteries, especially when i have the habit of slowly processing them one by one.

Also if you are worried about repeatedly connecting onto the puny usb connector on ur camera will wear it off or a freak short circuit zapping the camera.

Ryan

Hi,

I just bought my first DSLR, just wonder what method to use for transfer image from the DSLR to the computer.

which one is better USB cable or to use card reader???

Thanks for answering my stupid question ;)

i use usb or the pcmcia card slot but i find usb faster n more convenient! :D

Thanks a lot for your kind reply guys. I will go to Funan tomorrow after finish work.

Btw that's Sony card reader is so cool, but it's 29 :bigeyes:
omg, i bought mine for $45!

Have that shop written in your blacklist log then. Haha...yeah, I walked around and surprisingly PK @ Funan managed to put that price. Other shops are at least above $34. I know there are cheaper ones but c'mon....$29 and the fact is 'branded' (yes, Sony, so wat)... is better than some that come with very colourful packaging right.

Oh well...good luck :)

I know this theads is bound to be closed but lemme digress, the new one from SanDisk also not bad (or rather looks good) but phew...about $40 - $60 and can only read CF Cards. Sony still gets my vote. D'oh I bought it already.

Sim Lim sells many types of those 21 in 1 card reader for less than $20. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.