USB Cable for E-500: Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hitman said:
Hi,

Not sure if you got the cable already but while shopping in Funan few days back, I saw a similar cable in South Asia Computer. Go to the end of the shop, at the cable/accessories section, you will be able to find the 'digital camera USB cable', I think it will fit your E-500. If I remember correctly, it is about $18.

Hope this helps.

ahhhh, i was at Funan yesterday but missed it. Anyway, thanks for looking out. nice gesture, bro!

Hacker said:

Thanks. Checked the Olympus USBcable compatibility chart and it seems that this cable (CB-USB4) cannot support the e-500. The latter uses CB-USB5 which is used by the following models:
- C7070
- C7000
- Stylus 500
- u40
- D630
- u Minis
- Stylus verve

http://www.olympus.co.jp/en/support/imsg/digicamera/compati/di000364e.cfm

So, I'm stuck!

Hitman said:
Hi,

Not sure if you got the cable already but while shopping in Funan few days back, I saw a similar cable in South Asia Computer. Go to the end of the shop, at the cable/accessories section, you will be able to find the 'digital camera USB cable', I think it will fit your E-500. If I remember correctly, it is about $18.

Hope this helps.

I was at SAC yesterday. No luck. The cables are not compatible :(

Teo said:
What?? $61 for a USB cable???
That's a VEVRY HUGE profit margin!!!

If I can get the specs and get the manufacturer to make 5,000 pcs and sell for $50, then I can have a sales of $250,000....
you have totally no idea how much it costs to manufacture 1 piece of that cable. You only counted the raw materials.

You minimum order to any manufacturer better be in the upper half of the 4 digits before anyone will accept your orders. Inital ID will cost at the very minimum $10K just for the connector head alone and each mould will cost another 5-6K. Before you see your first piece of connector, you would have to pump in ~15K that is provided you know how to produce the design. Else you can hire a free lance designer to draw the insides out for you. Free-lancers charge between $200-$500 a day, should be done in a day or two.. relatively cheap compared to $15K

i ever tried doing a project to customise a miniature 3pin plug and most plants told me you either run 1000 pieces every month for a period of XXmonths OR make 1 time order of 10,000 pieces.. I only needed 100 pieces back then..

Still game for 5000 pieces? you can earn 250,000 you know :bsmilie:

looks like I will have it get it from Oly and LL pay $61 or if there are kind souls out there who can sell me their spare USB-5 cable.

Anyway, time to sell the e500...........but looking at the B&S, the response to the 'WTS:e500' is quite pathetic.

my e500 is a decorative cam in the dry box. :bsmilie:

major_tom said:
looks like I will have it get it from Oly and LL pay $61 or if there are kind souls out there who can sell me their spare USB-5 cable.

Anyway, time to sell the e500...........but looking at the B&S, the response to the 'WTS:e500' is quite pathetic.

my e500 is a decorative cam in the dry box. :bsmilie:
Bro, why sell when u have bought so much accessories with it. Got new cam fr other line comin izit?

You getting the e330 after selling the e500?

i'm like some bro here...collect hardware only.
At least, his kung-fu is quite good. Mine is hopeless..:bsmilie:

STI has been quite good lately.......;) sell, sell, sell then buy, buy,buy...

Status
Not open for further replies.