US Dollar: I've fallen down & I can't get up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watcher

Feb 9, 2003
The heart of the Abyss
Visit site
A follow-on to this thread, where we all did some guessing on how low will the USD fall. In fact, the US dollar has fallen faster than I estimated it to be. As of the time of this post, the interbank rate for USDSGD is now below 1.40. In fact, it went down to 1.3959 at one point (may be even lower). This level is something that that has not occurred since 1995 (since some people who were still wearing shorts with their school uniform ;) ).

My forecast, given the current economic situation of US and Singapore, it would even go below the historical intraday low (since 1990) of 1.3860 within 6 months, to around 1.37 in 6 months and to 1.35 by end of the year. :p

What is your estimate? Just for fun... ;)

1:1 ;p

My overseas holidays can never be better

You have people who complain when the currency is too strong (exports not competitive), you have people who complain when the currency is too weak (imported inflation).

Maybe we should go back to pre-Bretton Woods.

Obama and Clinton should focus on the economy....

Commodity prices will continue to increase as it is mostly denominated in US$. :thumbsd:
Well the US should blame themselves for getting into this mess.

I guess government wants to have a stronger S$ to offset the inflation, my fun estimate would be 1.32 by end of the year.

good for people loaded with cash to buy lenses, cameras and stuff from USA.:thumbsup:

my parents are planning a tour to US next month.

hahaha... so now... buying gears from B&H could be cheaper, while holidays need to heartpain too much...

$1.20 and below

at this rate USD can be used as toilet paper liao! Thank you G.W. Bush! More good years!:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.