US carrier Docking in Singapore ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack_Ryan

May 21, 2003
Tampines
www.pbase.com
I read the news that a US carrier is arriving in SG on friday ??? Anyone know if I can get a shot of it ??? Maybe from ECP ????

try tanah merah ferry terminal?

I think it will likely berth at Changi Naval Base, since the long berth & deep seabed is built specially for them.

How I wish I have the chance to board one of them ;)

don't think it will dock near our shores. don't think our waters are deep enough.

evq said:
I think it will likely berth at Changi Naval Base, since the long berth & deep seabed is built specially for them.

How I wish I have the chance to board one of them ;)
really? built for them? :eek:

Drudkh said:

Yes, read it somewhere.
SG sees that US navy's present in this area will bring stablity in the regoin, thus it allows US navy, including carriers, to stop over for service & maintenance. Hence, Changi Naval Base was built, deep enough for carrier to berth. ;)

seem it stopped off the shore of east coast park before.....but that's few years ago...

I think closest point would be Bedok Jetty...if it stops there....

Of cos, partly Changi is also a good set off base for our ships sailing to South China Sea. It cut down a lot of time compared with Brani Base. Tuas Naval base was built for the West exit.

KittyHawk was here a couple years back...I have seen it from distance at Changi Naval Base but my coolpix is no where near to zoom in :sweat:

if its not an official static display, its best not to shoot it... :nono: bringing cameras near protected areas are frowned upon... and can become a hassle... =(

I guess if its ECP tahts fine but to go near a naval base to shoot a carrier is a badd idea...

Drudkh said:

USS Kitty Hawk docked in Changi last year. My ex, whom is in the hospitality industry, was invited to a tour onboard the carrier. The top deck is really impressive according to the photos she showed me. They were encouraged to snap photos on the tour. :)

afbug said:
USS Kitty Hawk docked in Changi last year. My ex, whom is in the hospitality industry, was invited to a tour onboard the carrier. The top deck is really impressive according to the photos she showed me. They were encouraged to snap photos on the tour. :)

A few years back, they had regular carrier tours for the public, until 9/11 happened.Damn...

you can call the PR officer at the local US naval detatchment. The office is COMMANDER, LOGISTICS, WESTERN PACIFIC ( COMLOGWESPAC) if i recall correctly. The number is available at the US embassy website. If you manage to get tickets, must jio me ah... haha

You can take ALL the photos you want at the flight deck, hanger state rooms etc... bridge, CIC, and, hehe, the nuclear plant is out of bounds..

cool man, hope to see some photos here! :D

Big Kahuna said:
KittyHawk was here a couple years back...I have seen it from distance at Changi Naval Base but my coolpix is no where near to zoom in :sweat:

yes, saw the kittyhawk at changi naval base few years ago. but from a distance. increased security threats, public are not allowed to go near cnb too. cnb can accomodate a carrier. not sure about tuas?

in the past, there were public visits on board US navy ships when they docked here. whilst here, there were even US navy band performing at various sites in singapore. such performances are history too.

which carrier? which paper?

Pre-911, CNB would have open house (half-day) whenever a US carrier was docked.
There should be a US carrier coming in once every 3-6 months.

normally it will anchorage between the shore of ecp n marina area. it can be seen from the shearers bridge.

I think i read somewhere reg " the USS Abraham Lincoln, an aircraft carrier " which was station at aceh will be heading to singapore today .....

Status
Not open for further replies.