Urgh...the promotion on Colorvision Spyder is over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the promo price and what's the current price?

Originally posted by Kho King
What's the promo price and what's the current price?

Dunno what's the current price. Promo price is something like $490 or $590. This one calibrates both LCD and CRT monitors. The CRT only one is only $299.

Regards
CK

I got the latest viewfinder from CP, the price for the spider is S$790+-...so is quite high compare to the promo price...

I got the latest viewfinder from CP, the price for the spider is S$790+-...so is quite high compare to the promo price...

1 day only. So too bad for Adam. ;p Adobe Gamma works well enough for me. :)

Regards
CK

Must this spider attached to the monitor all the time, or can one borrow it from someone...calibrate...create profile...later return the spider to friend? Must buy?

Must this spider attached to the monitor all the time, or can one borrow it from someone...calibrate...create profile...later return the spider to friend? Must buy?

I suppose (just speculating as I don't own one...urgh!) that once calibrated, you can plug it out unless you wanna decorate your monitor ;p. However the argument is that monitors deteriorate over time thus they need to be calibrated periodically...

Originally posted by AdamGoi

I suppose (just speculating as I don't own one...urgh!) that once calibrated, you can plug it out unless you wanna decorate your monitor ;p. However the argument is that monitors deteriorate over time thus they need to be calibrated periodically...

Actually hor, why not just borrow Darren's every month? ;p

Regards
CK

Ha...must have a really good monitor before one can spend that much money on a spider...or...can it make a cheapo monitor into a pro grade one?:what:

Ha...must have a really good monitor before one can spend that much money on a spider...or...can it make a cheapo monitor into a pro grade one?:what:

It won't. If your monitor is crappy, the Spyder won't help.

Regards
CK

since this thread is about spider...what monitor would you recommend so that it is worthable to get a spider? I am thinking of getting a Philips 170T (17" flat) monitor, any comments? Will defnitely not getting the spider soon...

since this thread is about spider...what monitor would you recommend so that it is worthable to get a spider? I am thinking of getting a Philips 170T (17" flat) monitor, any comments? Will defnitely not getting the spider soon...

Not familiar with the Philips, is that CRT or LCD? I advise against getting the cheap LCDs (those $500+ ones). For that amount of money (just top up a little), you can get a good 17" or even a 19" CRT. After that, use Adobe Gamma. You should be able to get good results from that alone. (I did).

Regards
CK

The Philips I mentioned is CRT. Can't afford LCD...and I prefer having larger viewing area. In Johor, monitor brand is limited...thus I plan to get one from Singapore...anyone know where to check the price of various brand CRT monitors?

The Philips I mentioned is CRT. Can't afford LCD...and I prefer having larger viewing area. In Johor, monitor brand is limited...thus I plan to get one from Singapore...anyone know where to check the price of various brand CRT monitors?

http://www.hardwarezone.com/pricelist/cat.hwz?countryid=1&cid=174

I am just using sRGB as my working space on my LCD and in Adobe PS...figured out i am not pro so dun need the extra 'color' bandwidth to print out in photos...
Not to mention everything u see on the web is sRGB color space...and also the D30 is quite close to the sRGB space...

Status
Not open for further replies.