Urgent!

Status
Not open for further replies.

doug3fflux

Feb 21, 2005
West of S'pore
Hi guys,

just got back some Manual 35mm equipment from a relative who was kept his stuff for quite a while.

I'm an EOS user, and all the equipment here is Nikon!!
I will try my best to describe the equipment.

Anyone wants to buy them to CLA?

1. Zoom-NIKKOR 80-200mm 1:4 (as printed on lens)
Have Front and rear caps
Push-Pull zoom type
Min focus range is 1.2m
Front element: spotless, totally clean!!
Front inner element: a few spots of fungus the size of this face:angry:
Rear mount element: cleaned up, but have slight smudge
Condition of cosmetics: 9/10
Nice piece of glass to use...

The other non-Nikon things, are antique and I intend to keep 1 or 2 of them due to sentimental value.

-2 Leicas , one rangefinder, one i cant remember liao

-Asahi Pentax Spotmatic Body has been well brassed, well used.

-1 Shanghai TLR

-1 First Six Foldout

Lenses
-Super-Takumar 55mm 1:1.8 screwtype mount lens
-German lens: Curtagon Schneider-Kreuznach 1:2.8/35
-FC Haconar 1:3.5 f=80mm

these above all have slight fungus.

All this beautiful equipment is hardly applicable to me.

What should I do with the Nikon lenses? How much are they in the market now? Should I switch to Nikon system ( Im a Canoner )
Is it advisable to just buy mount-converters and use all the lenses?

Douglas

the lenses u can send them to nikon service centre for CLA. servicing charges will be dependent on the severity of the fungus growth. else, for slightly cheaper servicing, can always send them to Camera Exchange (look for nick foo) or TCW, tho the servicing will take a little longer.

the nikon SLR could be a FM2-series. the MD12 motor drive is for the FM2, IIRC. but, to fix ur SLR will take a while, i suspect, cos of the extensive repairs and cleaning.... :sweat:

the manual-focusin primes are a definite keepers, IMO... keke... i suspect a lot of prime lovers are waiting for ur WTS. :bsmilie: not too sure abt the zoom...

hey thanks guys,

keep the advice coming! I am really at a loss. sigh..and Im not sure about the Nikon terminology but this should be G-mount lenses is it? the ones with colourful aperture rings.

Yes the primes are lovely, but I cant use them. Consider this a WTS thread but mods pls dun move this to BnS cuz i need advice.

thanks again!

doug3fflux said:
hey thanks guys,

keep the advice coming! I am really at a loss. sigh..and Im not sure about the Nikon terminology but this should be G-mount lenses is it? the ones with colourful aperture rings.

Yes the primes are lovely, but I cant use them. Consider this a WTS thread but mods pls dun move this to BnS cuz i need advice.

thanks again!

nah. all nikon lenses are F-mount. G-lenses refer to the newer lenses minus the aperature rings. these G-lenses are primarily used on AF-cameras.

these are f mount lenses
and the MD-12 can be used for these cameras

FM, FE, FE2, FM2, FM2(n), the multimode Nikon FA and the Nikon FM3a.

nightwolf75 said:
the lenses u can send them to nikon service centre for CLA. servicing charges will be dependent on the severity of the fungus growth. else, for slightly cheaper servicing, can always send them to Camera Exchange (look for nick foo) or TCW, tho the servicing will take a little longer.

the nikon SLR could be a FM2-series. the MD12 motor drive is for the FM2, IIRC. but, to fix ur SLR will take a while, i suspect, cos of the extensive repairs and cleaning.... :sweat:

the manual-focusin primes are a definite keepers, IMO... keke... i suspect a lot of prime lovers are waiting for ur WTS. :bsmilie: not too sure abt the zoom...

where is Nikon Service Centre and what is CLA? cleaning? is it worth it? in terms of resale value.

felixcat8888 said:
It is definitely worth to have Nikon service/clean the lenses. If they can be salvaged, ehy not.

did you read my above? Im not sure of cleaning/repairing because Im not using nikon system.

Does anyone know the value of the lenses after cleaning/repairing? Anyone wants these lenses to clean them?

if you want to sell them then you need to have them cleaned anyway

if it is not worth to clean them and you need help to throw them away,
I can help you to do it. hee hee

If I had the cash to clean ALL of them and put them on WTS, I would. plus, I am not even a Nikon user, i.e I cant even use them now. its better if someone buys them. anyone?
advice!!

Douglas

hey people! buy my fungussy lenses and clean them! sweet primes! sweet primes!

doug3fflux said:
4. Nikon Full manual SLR
the model is not even printed, How to ID this body?
Shutter selection: B to 1/1000
Serial: FM 2551151
Condition: no mount cap for the body you can take it with the prime and the drive.
It still shoots fine. but if loaded with film, the film might get dirt on it. Internals need dusting.
Cosmetic Rating: 6/10

Douglas

hmm.. had a relook at the specs. think i managed to narrow down to a few - the very 1st nikon F SLR, the nikkormat FT-series or the original FM SLR. :think:

http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/hardwares/classics/nikonfmseries/fm2/index1.htm

wouldn't know for sure unless there are some pics...

Hi,

you can put them up for sale, if you are not going to use them. Just remind others that the lens are not cleaned yet, and sell at a lower price, or get bids for them. From what I could read, those are quite good lens.

sure guys, thanks.

hopefully this thread gets enough viewers to bid. bid on the wts thread. items are for sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.