Urgent: Where to Repair Bowen Studio Lights?

Status
Not open for further replies.

magic

Jan 17, 2005
My bowen has conked out on me :( There was a short burst of flash when I turned on the power, then it couldn't be switched on...not sure what got busted.
Does anyone know where I can get it repaired? Pls help

besides checking the flash tube, check and replace the fuse and test it. use common sense as expected.

Octane69 said:
go to ruby at pennisular... they are the agent for bowens... you should be able to get it fixed there.
Thanks!

reachme2003 said:
besides checking the flash tube, check and replace the fuse and test it. use common sense as expected.
hmm what's common sense to u might not be common knowledge to others. Thanks for info anyway. Any idea how much it'll cost to replace the fuse?...or is tat common sense as well...?:confused:

magic said:
hmm what's common sense to u might not be common knowledge to others. Thanks for info anyway. Any idea how much it'll cost to replace the fuse?...or is tat common sense as well...?:confused:

Couple of dollars for that Fuse. If you know where is the fuse compartment (usually at the back where the power plug attached) you can replace it yourself. Good Luck!

you should have a spare fuse come with you light, anyway, is a low amp fuse, can get from some DIY store like HomeFix.

btw, also check the fuse on the power plug.

Hope this help.

If it could not be switch on, then most likely it is a blown fuse. The fuse looks like this, it is at the back of the light:
DSC_3323ps.jpg

I keep extra cables, sync cords, flashbulbs, fuses, and photoflood bulbs together. Just in case things like these happen. Murphy's law.

Yes, you can go to Ruby at Peninsula. It is just next to Spinelli's. They will take a week or so if it requires sending to the factory, at least that was how long it took mine.

But judging from your description, it does sound like the fuse was blown. Check for the spare fuse as per Astin's picture. It is in the rear of the light.

Status
Not open for further replies.