Urgent to all F707 owner, check if your battery cover is loose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wai

Jan 17, 2002
South Pole with Penguin
singastro.org
No matter if yours is loose or not loose, pls tell me when you bought your camera cos i want to know which batch have loose battery cover.

the cover should be firm even when u open the cover and shake it...but mine is very seriously loose...yet Sony says it is normal (of cos they will not admit their mistake, they blame that becos my F707 is 4 mths old so it is me which make the cover loose)

in fact, the battery cover was very loose when i bought it, some of us who bought the first batch of F707 also have the same problem. However, Sony insist that it is normal and no way that they can fix it.

however, i notice that recent batch is not like that, the battery cover is very firm. The loose battery cover bothers me a lot cos i can feel that the cover is moving around when i am holding it.

I really cannot imagine such build quality from a almost $2k camera.

If anyone can get hold of this camera, pls help me to look out if the battery cover is loose ok?

Thanks!

Originally posted by willyfoo
Doesn't feel loose...

Willy...finally u are back...

have u seen mine and DA's F707?? both of our battery cover is quite loose..

last time DA asked Sony and they say nothing can be done.

but recent batch the battery cover not loose anymore, mean it can be repaired

Originally posted by kamwai
No matter if yours is loose or not loose, pls tell me when you bought your camera cos i want to know which batch have loose battery cover.

the cover should be firm even when u open the cover and shake it...but mine is very seriously loose...yet Sony says it is normal (of cos they will not admit their mistake, they blame that becos my F707 is 4 mths old so it is me which make the cover loose)

in fact, the battery cover was very loose when i bought it, some of us who bought the first batch of F707 also have the same problem. However, Sony insist that it is normal and no way that they can fix it.

however, i notice that recent batch is not like that, the battery cover is very firm. The loose battery cover bothers me a lot cos i can feel that the cover is moving around when i am holding it.

If anyone can get hold of this camera, pls help me to look out if the battery cover is loose ok?

Thanks!

mine open that time a bit loose...but when close..its firm..so is mine spoilt? 1 week old only leh...dun like that leh..

anyway..i found out that the plastic is screw to the metal so i think defiantely sure will a bit loose one lah..no meh?

Willy...finally u are back...

have u seen mine and DA's F707?? both of our battery cover is quite loose..

last time DA asked Sony and they say nothing can be done.

but recent batch the battery cover not loose anymore, mean it can be repaired

Haha.. I've been reading the forum everyday... but probably looks like I've been missing cos I haven't posted anything recently.. Have been busy with work..

I'm just gonna post up some pics of a JBP trip.

Thanks!

What do you mean by, loose??

Weird. Well, if I pick up my camera from idle and put my hand on the battery compartment, it will move forward very slightly.

Loose?

Originally posted by Zoomer

What do you mean by, loose??

Weird. Well, if I pick up my camera from idle and put my hand on the battery compartment, it will move forward very slightly.

Loose?

i think yours is consider loose too...remember i show u that the battery cover is loose when u bought the camera?

but after i saw Liddo's F707 which he bought recently, i realised that Sony already fix the battery cover problem...that's why i want Sony to fix mine as well.

Why not borrow your friend's camera and bring it down to Sony and see what they have to say about it. If its not causing any problems e.g. battery dropping out, losing connection, etc, then don't fret over a small imperfection.

Originally posted by Kit
Why not borrow your friend's camera and bring it down to Sony and see what they have to say about it. If its not causing any problems e.g. battery dropping out, losing connection, etc, then don't fret over a small imperfection.
I would not fret about it if its a $170 product with long warrenty of say 5 years, but unfortunately sony only provides a 1 year warrenty on our F707, MSRP $1999.

What if the problem aggrevates when the warrenty runs out?? Ouch!

BTW, Sony promised to get back to me regarding the battery cover...but till now not a single call

i am going to look for them again when i am free

mine is aaaabit loose only leh... but i can live with it i guess...

will it affect anything in anyway?

halo to all DSC F707 owners,

i'm very keen to get this camera. can anyone suggest which place should i go to get it?
around how much should it cost?
thanks!
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.