URGENT QUERY - Canon G2


Status
Not open for further replies.

kst

New Member
Mar 7, 2002
196
0
0
Visit site
Hi,

I'm going to purchase G2 over the next few days.

Here are the prices I got so far for the components :

1. Canon G2 - S$1240 (without GST)

2. Canon Speedlite 420EX - S$340 (without GST)

3. Canon Battery BP-511 - S$110 (without GST)

4. Ridata 256 MB (20x) CF - S$195

5. B&W 49mm UV filter - $???

Appreciate if someone can let me know whether the
above prices are good prices.

Thanks !
 

megaweb

Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2002
8,541
3
38
East
megaweb.clubsnap.org
Originally posted by Bluestrike
I believe that you can get a 3rd party Batt at a much lower cost maybe 60+ not sure where still have it!
the price of 3rd party BP511 should be around $45 at NAB NAB ... if you get 2 .. maybe cost you $80 ..... try to go there weekday

as for filter , you need a lens adapter in order to put filter on G2 .. HOYA UV filter costs abt $10-$12
 

kst

New Member
Mar 7, 2002
196
0
0
Visit site
Thanks for all the responses.

Any more advices, especially on the price of the 420EX ?

PS : Someone send me a private message asking where
to get the Ridata 256 MB (20x) CF at S$195. Well, I also
say it from a post here - it mention that you can get it
at that price in AP.

THANKS !
 

foxfire

New Member
Jan 18, 2002
65
0
0
Visit site
Originally posted by kst
Any more advices, especially on the price of the 420EX ?
Yeah, any more advice on the 420EX. Is there other alternatives other than this $340 flash. As for the batteries, I got it from NAB NAB at $44 last Sat.
 

Goondu

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
1,292
0
0
Singapore
Visit site
Originally posted by kst
Hi,

I'm going to purchase G2 over the next few days.

Here are the prices I got so far for the components :

1. Canon G2 - S$1240 (without GST)

2. Canon Speedlite 420EX - S$340 (without GST)

3. Canon Battery BP-511 - S$110 (without GST)

4. Ridata 256 MB (20x) CF - S$195

5. B&W 49mm UV filter - $???

Appreciate if someone can let me know whether the
above prices are good prices.

Thanks !
You need to get an adapter to fit your filter. I don't know if there is a 49mm adaptor. Currently, I know that there is the Canon original (58mm) and the OEM (52mm). The OEM is very much cheaper.

Correct me if I am wrong.
 

kst

New Member
Mar 7, 2002
196
0
0
Visit site
Originally posted by Goondu


You need to get an adapter to fit your filter. I don't know if there is a 49mm adaptor. Currently, I know that there is the Canon original (58mm) and the OEM (52mm). The OEM is very much cheaper.

Correct me if I am wrong.
Thanks for the response.

For adapter, I've been eyeing the Lensmate which is
49mm.

Here are the website :

http://www.lensmateonline.com/G2start.html


Appreciate some advice on whether the price I got for 420EX is reasonable.

THANKS !
 

Pinoy

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
1,700
1
38
ClubSNAP East
www.flickr.com
Since you intend to get the adaptor from overseas, why not try this Bag and Filter Duo package? It includes:

o EOLY43SHM 43mm Hot Mirror Filter
o EOLY43STR 43mm Star Filter (4 Point-2mm)
o M21355 Canon G1/G2 Lens Adapter (43mm, Tiffen brand. Lesser thread, lesser vignetting at wide-angle)
o M21039 Tiffen Zoom Lens Camera Case

Price is US$59.95. Not sure how much the international shipping would be though, coz they didn't publish it on their site. You may want to check with them. :)

:Later,
 

kst

New Member
Mar 7, 2002
196
0
0
Visit site
Originally posted by Pinoy
Since you intend to get the adaptor from overseas, why not try this Bag and Filter Duo package? It includes:

o EOLY43SHM 43mm Hot Mirror Filter
o EOLY43STR 43mm Star Filter (4 Point-2mm)
o M21355 Canon G1/G2 Lens Adapter (43mm, Tiffen brand. Lesser thread, lesser vignetting at wide-angle)
o M21039 Tiffen Zoom Lens Camera Case

Price is US$59.95. Not sure how much the international shipping would be though, coz they didn't publish it on their site. You may want to check with them. :)

:Later,

Thanks for the reco.

I heard about the Tiffen adapter for G2 also.

My worried is that it's smaller and hence more probable
to have vignetting problem compare to Lensmate.

Also, it comes in black and doesn't really match the G2
color where as Lensmate comes in the same color as G2.

Again, thanks for the reco.
 

Kei

Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2002
2,080
0
36
Originally posted by kst

Also, it comes in black and doesn't really match the G2
color where as Lensmate comes in the same color as G2.

Wait for the black G2! Coming soon ...
 

Pinoy

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
1,700
1
38
ClubSNAP East
www.flickr.com
Originally posted by kst
My worried is that it's smaller and hence more probable
to have vignetting problem compare to Lensmate.
Paiseh. I shouldn't have said vignetting. <g> I actually mean the adaptor blocking the flash, causing dark corner on the lower-right hand side of the images. Try checking this page. You'll see that the smaller thread 43mm Tiffen is better.

:Later,
 

AstralPrue

New Member
Jan 28, 2002
220
0
0
West
Visit site
Originally posted by Lennier
According to Canon Singapore, they're not gonna bring in the black G2.
I was on the phone today with a technical person from Canon today, he told me that it is going to be available... oh well...
 

Lennier

New Member
Feb 26, 2002
172
0
0
simpleshooter.clubsnap.org
Originally posted by AstralPrue


I was on the phone today with a technical person from Canon today, he told me that it is going to be available... oh well...
Issit? Sheesh, my info came from the Canon shop in Funan. Went in, fired a few questions about the G2 to the salespeople there, then asked about the Black G2. The fella (who seemed pretty knowledgeable 'bout the G2) immediately said that they would not bring it in... ?? I was quite puzzled by the answer too.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.