Urgent...Pls help..Regarding Canon DCs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carbuncle

Dec 6, 2003
Visit site
Hi ppl,

Just bought a Canon A60 and the Sanyo Super Quick Charger (with Sanyo 2100mah batts) today...gonna use it for my trip to Japan in a day or so.

Got a few questions:

1.How long do I have to charge the new Sanyo batts?

2.What kind of plugs does Japan use? As long as the charger is 100-240V, there should be no problem using it there to charge my batteries right?

3.I am gonna experience very cold temperatures...can the camera,charger and batteries take it? Abit worried about this?

On a sidenote...can anyone recommend a camera bag for me? Heard Loewepro and Crumpler are good?

Carbuncle said:
Hi ppl,

Just bought a Canon A60 and the Sanyo Super Quick Charger (with Sanyo 2100mah batts) today...gonna use it for my trip to Japan in a day or so.

Got a few questions:

1.How long do I have to charge the new Sanyo batts?

2.What kind of plugs does Japan use? As long as the charger is 100-240V, there should be no problem using it there to charge my batteries right?

3.I am gonna experience very cold temperatures...can the camera,charger and batteries take it? Abit worried about this?

On a sidenote...can anyone recommend a camera bag for me? Heard Loewepro and Crumpler are good?

I'll try to help:

1: Super quick charger? Then your batteries should be charged up super quick! :D hehehe... on a more serious note, you should check your charger's specs to find out how long it takes to fully charge the batteries. If its a newer charger, it should be able to cut the charging once the batts are full and go into trickle charging. Anyway there should always be LED or other indicators to tell you whether your cells are chared.

2: Japan uses those two flat pin plugs or one with an extra rounded pin for ground. How to tell you? Urm. You can check on the net or just go buy an adaptor for a few bucks. They are using 100V 50 or 60HZ depending on which part of Japan, so your charger should work.

3: Can't help, no experience on this. Maybe you can find the operating temperature for the things you mentioned in their manual.

Hope it helps :D

HelmetBox said:
I'll try to help:

1: Super quick charger? Then your batteries should be charged up super quick! :D hehehe... on a more serious note, you should check your charger's specs to find out how long it takes to fully charge the batteries. If its a newer charger, it should be able to cut the charging once the batts are full and go into trickle charging. Anyway there should always be LED or other indicators to tell you whether your cells are chared.

2: Japan uses those two flat pin plugs or one with an extra rounded pin for ground. How to tell you? Urm. You can check on the net or just go buy an adaptor for a few bucks. They are using 100V 50 or 60HZ depending on which part of Japan, so your charger should work.

3: Can't help, no experience on this. Maybe you can find the operating temperature for the things you mentioned in their manual.

Hope it helps :D

Thanks...you see...the thing is...the manual of the charger did not say anything about how long the initial charge should be...and the Canon manual doesn't say anything about the operating temperature...so I thought I might try my luck here...thanks alot ya?

Anyone else can help me out?

Status
Not open for further replies.