Urgent!! pls help - Do you need a permit to pitch a tent in ECP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

victorlee10

Feb 4, 2008
Need to find out really fast. Thinking of spending a night there tonight to take sunrise photos tomorrow. Please help...

How come weekday need weekend don't need so funny..... Hmmm maybe i should go tomorrow then....

Oh saw the link you posted.... it says weekend no need permit to camp leh...

Er just to clarify things. You will need a permit if you are camping on a weekday, but a permit is not necessary on weekends.

Visit the Nparks website. Camping is not allowed during the weekends. You could probably rent a BBQ pit, and stay at the shelters nearby, or rent a chalet. personally, I am too old to spend the night without a proper bed. No photo is worth that for me....maybe that's why i never get those sunrise photos...sigh

Need to find out really fast. Thinking of spending a night there tonight to take sunrise photos tomorrow. Please help...

you will do better elsewhere, as far as i recall, ecp is not a very good place for sunrise or sunset due to the direction it faces - try changi beach if you must be in the east

Maybe you should rephrase the question to:...
Is there any thing we can do in public that does not require a license in Singapore .....:think:

Visit the Nparks website. Camping is not allowed during the weekends. You could probably rent a BBQ pit, and stay at the shelters nearby, or rent a chalet. personally, I am too old to spend the night without a proper bed. No photo is worth that for me....maybe that's why i never get those sunrise photos...sigh

From the website you gave us, I quote:

Except for Pulau Ubin, a permit is required if you're planning to camp on a weekday. Weekday camping is also limited to designated areas at the parks. You may wish to click on the links below to see the designated camping areas on the maps.
Registration for a weekday camping permit is quick and fuss free. All you need to do is to set up your tent and our park ranger will approach you to scan your identification card. Once scanning is completed, the park ranger will print out a verification slip, which will then be attached to your tent. Scanning of the identification cards will be done on a daily basis.

Camping permit is not required if you are camping on weekends and public holidays.

Please click here to view the media release done on camping.

So is it or is it not allowed on weekends? You seem to be confusing everyone with your NParks website, then your contrary information.

Allowed on weekends...

On weekdays, they require a permit... of which they check or not is another case.

From the website you gave us, I quote:

So is it or is it not allowed on weekends? You seem to be confusing everyone with your NParks website, then your contrary information.

Ok loh, so my english not good and I made a mistake lah...;( That's why ask you to read the website mah! Singapore website is all there. just need to do a google search and get answer. Next time, I won't bother responding loh...;)

BTW, you going to quote and sue me for wrong info....:think:

Ok loh, so my english not good and I made a mistake lah...;( That's why ask you to read the website mah! Singapore website is all there. just need to do a google search and get answer. Next time, I won't bother responding loh...;)

he has spoken

2098172458_020b6a9ca8_o.jpg

soon the cult of google will have an uprising and overtake the entire world

it is OURS

sorry, if i pitch a tent at ecp on friday evening say 6pm, is it consider as weekend?

Your tent will be legal until Friday 2359, and the moment the clock strikes 12MN, it will become illegal!!

:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

sorry, if i pitch a tent at ecp on friday evening say 6pm, is it consider as weekend?

Hi guys I just came back from ECP. Spent a night there yesterday. I think camping is allowed as I saw 100s of tents all over the place. The place is quite safe too. There was a police patrol car driving by once every 1-2 hours throughout the night.....

FYI

CAMPING PERMIT IS REQUIRED ONLY FROM 15 APRIL ONWARDS

This is from NPARKS. Things to note for all campers.:)

Things to Note

1. Permits are required for all camping activities which involves set up or erecting of tent.

2. Camping is allowed only within the designated campsite(s). Open fire or stoves are not allowed.

3. Applicant is required to register the particulars of every person staying in the same tent.

4. A NRIC/FIN cannot be used for more than one permit per park per day.

5. The permit is valid for the duration you had booked for, from 9am to 9am of the following day.

Leaving behind trash is an act of litter, liable for a fine of $200. I agree not to leave behind any trash after using the camping facilities.:nono:

;)

just don't pitch a tent lor

sleeping bag under the shelter

Later kena fined by Nparks for loitering in their area of concern... or their law of sleeping in the parks will come out again....

Status
Not open for further replies.