Not open for further replies.

nemo

Dec 18, 2003
Woodlands
Visit site
Need help in quoting a
1) 20page relatively high quality photoalbum
plus
2) 100pcs 5R photos in a leather slot-in album.

the shooting of the wedding was concluded a few mths ago. How much do i charge? Is $850 reasonable?

thanks! Experts pls advise.

wah u shoot first then quote arhz? 5R is a little expensive horz so please factor in the cost. cause 4R at $0.2 onli. Total cost must depend on how much u command for shooting and also your costs.

Hello chanxj. shooting done much earlier and output is CD only. Now they come back saying specifically want 5R album (i ask them to print themselves they refused...) and 20 page coffee-table style photoalbum (12 inch x 12 inch type).

Please advise again.

Hello chanxj. shooting done much earlier and output is CD only. Now they come back saying specifically want 5R album (i ask them to print themselves they refused...) and 20 page coffee-table style photoalbum (12 inch x 12 inch type).

Please advise again.

Hi nemo, I don't sell 5R albums, so have no knowledge of the costs and pricing; can't help you there.

As for 12 by 12 coffee-tables, mine are priced from $1k onwards, as they're showcases of my artwork and are priced exclusively to those who'll appreciate them. Factor in the time and effort into production, and the quality of album, I'm actually considering raising the price next year.

I have a client who's a lot more knowledgeable about the prices of our industry (I believe she contacted more than 20 photographers, how many more, I'm not sure...), and the prices range from the higher end of $400+ to the eye-popping disbelief, stunned beyond words kind of pricing. Which means I'm pretty much the average, or perhaps higher end of the average (or lower, depending on perspective), as far as her survey goes. Hope that helps.

I would charge them at least 250 for the 5R. Assume that ur cost of 5R is $1 each if at $0.50 per print so that after factoring in wastage and risks of prints not "up to their standards" u have less risk. Then add in 5R album Cost.

Coffee table books i dunno much abt market rate as i dun use itbut what our shiken has cited is quite accurate from what i understand.

coffee table album for 12x12, 10 sheets, production cost is already close to $500, excluding your creative fee. don't price too low, else you have no room for error, if you make any mistake, you are making a loss. if you didn't make any mistake, also don't make much profit, rather use the time to shoot another wedding.

for 100pcs 5R photos in a leather slot-in album.
don't forget you have to go thru all 100 pcs and re-crop them, else you will have cropping issue on some prints. so again, you time is money.

if client don't understand this, can always ask them to DIY.

Thanks for the very fast responses, catchlights, chanxj, shinken.

Indeed there is a lot of work involved.

You should be charging at least 300% of your cost price to make any decent profit and at least to cover up if you make any blunders, especially if you don't do albums often. Also give the client a longer deadline so you can deal with issues like supliers not being able to provide in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.