Urgent need feedback on fuji 1600 films

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickpower

Feb 1, 2004
Jurong West
hi guys i hav a photo shoot tml at victoria theatres.
I plan to use fuji superia 1600 films. Will be be veri granny?.. anyone use it b4? care to share? and can anyone recommend the aperture and shutter speed?
will Fuji 400 films be enough? ... thanx.... :)

I used it abt 2 mths back... also at Victoria Theatre... No flash was used to preserve the stage lighting and ambience... EF 24-85mm f3.5-4.5 USM on my EOS 30 body... managed to maintain 1/60s most of the time... Grains not too visible on 4R.... but more obvious after I scanned them into digital... See the photos I took here

Comments welcomed... :)

oo thanx alot.. it seem that the grains are quite visible in digital. thanx for the sharing... wat aperture u use?....

nickpower said:
oo thanx alot.. it seem that the grains are quite visible in digital. thanx for the sharing... wat aperture u use?....

Can't remember what aperture cos' I was using TV mode... should be close to the max aperture size cos' I relied purely on the available stage lighting...

As for the grains... it could be partly due to the fact that I got my lab to scan from the negatives... I also see almost as many grains when I got them to scan ISO 400 negatives...

Check out this previous thread for a discussion on photographing in a similar condition...

it is grainy when blown up. u might not like the grains...

i used it before for a event shoot.
i switched between a FujiFilm Superia 400 and this 1600(without flashgun too)
needless to say, the Superia 400 is very good, even at 8R! grains were pretty much contained. :thumbsup:

i tried my best to use my 50mm f1.8 lens throughout the shoot in order to use the ISO400 film but there are times when my zoom lens must be used..

and i can easily use my f3.5-4.5 lens due to the extra 2 stops of the ISO1600 film.

i thought maybe u can borrow some f2.8 or lower lenses and keep to ISO400 film. that would be ideal.

Expose at EI1250 not 1600. Grain is OK for a 1600 speed film but I get better results by pushing Press-800 1 stop. If I need to shoot something like this I'd take a fast f/1.8 or f/2 lens and Superia/Press-800.

hey thanx guys, i think i have decided to bring 800 and 400 films. Wun be using flash.. will post some pic when i have develope.. thanx..

not sure if it is too late
but anyway, i shot a few weeks ago at singapore repertory theatre. used iso 800 and shot at f1.8. w/o flash, my shutter speed was ard 1/125 to 1/500

hi thanx for the extra tips. i have decided to use ISO400 films and ISO 1600 films. Becos can't find ISO800 films in the west side. Primarily will be using 400 becos i dun really like the grain in ISO 1600.BUt will hav to depend on the lighting there... thanx guys.... ;)

er... why not go Cathay Photo at Peninsula before heading over to Victoria Theatre?? only 10 mins walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.