URGENT! Insurance for diving equipment!

Status
Not open for further replies.

beivied

May 8, 2003
East, Singapore
I am going to Perhentian next week le, with my C5050Z dunking into the waters for the first time. I am trying to get insurance for it la. The only diving equipment insurance i know is DEPP, divers equipment protection program. First, it is in US. Worldwide policy la. And it is a replacement policy, meaning i get back a brand new whatever that has flooded or damaged. called DAN but they only insure the diver, no equipment.

saw on wetworks to get home insurance and include my camera as one of the household content...

ADVICE!!!!!

Can try PADI too... Am not sure but I think there's a few local insurance agency that does equipment insurance too....

couldnt find anything like that on padi website, and cannot find which local insurance agencies do that!! and i only have three days left! :cry:

anyone knows??

Just call a friend, she say can do the insurance for you but it does not include flooding... Don't think any insurance agency will include flooding into the policy....

It's the normal insurance loh, thief, fire, accidental damage(not flooding), etc, etc. They can work it out in 2 days. So I need to know your details, i.e., when travel, duration, etc, etc....

But hor, I personally feel that you shouldn't waste your time if the whole set of equipment is less than 1k.

PM me if you're interested....

the camera itself it almost 1300. with the casing it is almost 1600. enough to buy an insurance right? i would drown myself with nitrogen if my c5050 floods.... :cry:

normal travel insurance is not what i am looking for la. thanks for the enquiry though! you are so nice! ;)

Originally posted by beivied
the camera itself it almost 1300. with the casing it is almost 1600. enough to buy an insurance right? i would drown myself with nitrogen if my c5050 floods.... :cry:

normal travel insurance is not what i am looking for la. thanks for the enquiry though! you are so nice! ;)

Like I've said, don't think any insurance agency would cover flooding for underwater camera.....

But hor, do let me know if you manage to find one. Cos me and a few friends would be very interested if there's such an insurance.

;)

Originally posted by beivied

Drown yourself with Nitrogen? Why not try pure oxygen for oxygen toxication... :D

;p

Maybe can try ACE Insurance?
Not sure whether they offer this though

Enjoy the trip! :)

from what i know, you have to have your own basic gear i.e. BCD, Reg, etc. You have to insure them first. Serial numbers is a must for registering. Then you can insure your other accessories.

there is this DEPP that offers replacement. i dunno how good it is and though it is a worldwide policy, the insuring company is in US, so I dunno how secure this is. Anyway, the time left is too short and i will not be able to get the policy applied and approved in such a short time. so i guess i have to try other things lo.

and with replacement policy, if my camera floods like two years later, i will get a brand new c5050z but by that time the technology advance would have made it obselete technology. thinking lo... hai ... anyway, if that is the only policy available, then i wouldnt have a choice

just to show the website
www.equipmentprotection.com

nitrogen not as expensive as oxygen! and easier to get nitrogen narcosis than oxygen intoxication leh, hahhahaha

Originally posted by meng
Maybe can try ACE Insurance?
Not sure whether they offer this though

Enjoy the trip! :)

ACE insurance? hmm. any contacts that you have? if not i can try searching on the web.

Yep! I hope i enjoy the trip as well!

Originally posted by ahsiang
from what i know, you have to have your own basic gear i.e. BCD, Reg, etc. You have to insure them first. Serial numbers is a must for registering. Then you can insure your other accessories.

ya, that i have heard. but some divercity website said that as long as it is a piece of diving gear will do. dont have to be bcd or regulator. even so i can combine the policy with my diving friends whom i am on good terms with, hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.