URGENT!! How to recover photos from SD card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mich_2103

Jul 26, 2003
Visit site
Hi Guys,
This is really URGENT and I really hope there is a solution to it.

I took some photos during SFF recently and I was using my sister's P&S digital camera. Unfortunately, I am not so good at using it and gasp! I accidentally deleted some clips from her digital camera.

Her digital camera can allow her to take short video clips of up to an hour. But I am not sure how long are her clips though.

And the content was her pet hamster which unfortunately, passed away recently and therefore, those clips meant A LOT to her.

Please, I hope there are some gurus out there that can help me out.:embrass:

Thanks. :sweat:

{mich} :cry:

mich_2103 said:
Hi Guys,
This is really URGENT and I really hope there is a solution to it.

I took some photos during SFF recently and I was using my sister's P&S digital camera. Unfortunately, I am not so good at using it and gasp! I accidentally deleted some clips from her digital camera.

Her digital camera can allow her to take short video clips of up to an hour. But I am not sure how long are her clips though.

And the content was her pet hamster which unfortunately, passed away recently and therefore, those clips meant A LOT to her.

Please, I hope there are some gurus out there that can help me out.:embrass:

Thanks. :sweat:

{mich} :cry:

you can try some softwares out there...
eg http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/uk/welcome.htm tried and it works :thumbsup:

one more thing.. you shouldnt touch the sd card anymore until you found a software to recover.. coz if you take more pics.. it might overwrite the "freed up" space(could be the location of the deleted file) and there goes your data.

dreamerz said:
stop writing any thing into the memory card n use prog like PCInspector to recover the clips...
But PC Inspector is more for cases where people accidentally deleted photos from the computers or the computer crashed, right?

But for me, I haven't even transfered those clips into a comp yet - I deleted directly from the camera when I was at SFF.

How ah?

:(

mich_2103 said:
But PC Inspector is more for cases where people accidentally deleted photos from the computers or the computer crashed, right?

But for me, I haven't even transfered those clips into a comp yet - I deleted directly from the camera when I was at SFF.

How ah?

if you hook your camera to your computer, it becomes a drive. thus you recover that drive.. simple. of course you gotta have ya sd card in the camera..
i tried before.. at least 90% confirmed works.

acidbyte said:
If you or know of those who have purchased Lexar media cards, it comes with a image recovery software.
Ok, I also happened to own Lexar media cards also. I still have one that I haven't use it yet. Still brand new.

I read the instructions sometime ago that before you format the card and start using it, you must transfer the software first right? Therefore, if I do not have a card reader, can I still transfer the files by slotting it into my camera, then transfer the recovery software to my computer using the USB cable?

Also, that is a CF card. The one I deleted is a SD card. So even if I can manage to transfer the software, can I still use it with the SD card?

mich_2103 said:
Ok, I also happened to own Lexar media cards also. I still have one that I haven't use it yet. Still brand new.

I read the instructions sometime ago that before you format the card and start using it, you must transfer the software first right? Therefore, if I do not have a card reader, can I still transfer the files by slotting it into my camera, then transfer the recovery software to my computer using the USB cable?

Also, that is a CF card. The one I deleted is a SD card. So even if I can manage to transfer the software, can I still use it with the SD card?

Yes you can. Type of media isn't important as long as the software can handle memory cards. However Lexar's software was designed to recover image files... not too sure how it fares with video clips.

Anyway if she treasured the clips so much, why didn't she download them to her com n back them up before doing anything else?

mich_2103 said:
The one I deleted is a SD card. So even if I can manage to transfer the software, can I still use it with the SD card?

you see.. pc inspector doesnt care what media it is.. just use your camera with the sd card and plug to your computer via usb. it should detect as a drive. run pc inspector on that drive and you should recover your files.. IT DOESNT MATTER IF IT IS A IMAGE FILE/CLIP/DATA. So as long as it is a file, it will recover.

if you live in boon lay area, i may be able to help you recover. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.