Urgent: How much to charge for photo sent to newspaper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

willyfoo

Jan 18, 2002
North
willyfoo.com
I've taken some pictures of an accident and sent to a newspaper... they are asking me how much I want to charge??

Please advise...

I have no idea, but maybe can ask them how much they willing to pay and then triple the amount offered?

According to a seminar by a ZB journalist I attended last year, they don't pay a lot. Not more than S$100, unless it's very exclusive (like a plane crashing into some building).

Regards
CK

If I were you, I wouldn't ask too much...or else no more business in future liao...

IMHO, i think that you shld call them up and ask them how much are they comfortable with. then you shld consider the amt urself and see if it is appropriate

cheers,
langzi

Originally posted by langzi
IMHO, i think that you shld call them up and ask them how much are they comfortable with. then you shld consider the amt urself and see if it is appropriate

cheers,
langzi

They asked me that question... I wouldn't throw the question back at them..

Originally posted by willyfoo
I've taken some pictures of an accident and sent to a newspaper... they are asking me how much I want to charge??

Please advise...

Contact your local Journalists Association, there are set rates of charging for newspapers depending on the size of the image to be printed.

This info is valid in most countries though the rates vary.

Status
Not open for further replies.