Urgent Help to check the Pirce for HD-DIGITAL 0.5x (77mm)

wclow

Dec 31, 2009
Hi Bros & Siss,
Need your advise about this converter. My friend just bought this from Sim Lim at $1200. But what is the actual pricess for this stuff, strong feeling that she already chopped by this shop.
Please help, many thanks.

Hi Bros & Sis,
Need your help to advise, what is the actual price for this stuff. My friedn just bought it from Sim Lim at $1200 feels kena chop. Can anyone advise. Many Thanks.

Hi Bros & Siss,
Need your advise about this converter. My friend just bought this from Sim Lim at $1200. But what is the actual pricess for this stuff, strong feeling that she already chopped by this shop.

$1200 :eek: :eek: :eek:

I am quite sure she kena chop liow. For $1.2k, she could get a good wide angle lens. Any converter that screws on the front of the lens tends to degrade the picture quality.

I had a fren who kena chop before... got a 52mm converter at $600+ at SLS.

Last edited:
i posted 2 links, with a quick search through our forums. seems like it shldnt cost 1.2k.

OMG sure chopped.

and again, do your homework before buying anything, and do not trust what the salesman says, especially in places like SLS.

Hi Bros & Siss,

:bigeyes::bigeyes: $1200?

I would be ultra surprised if this HD-DIGITAL 0.5x (77mm) can even fetch 100bucks.

Last edited:
Hi Bros & Siss,

Not sure what is the brand and model you are enquiring on. But the nobrand ones are selling for around $35-$50 and the more branded ones are selling for around $150-$249 depending on the optics.

I am assuming you are enquiring for a camcorder and not a dslr.
;)

Not sure what is the brand and model you are enquiring on. But the nobrand ones are selling for around $35-$50 and the more branded ones are selling for around $150-$249 depending on the optics.

I am assuming you are enquiring for a camcorder and not a dslr.
;)

Hi bro,
Thanks for your feebback, it's for DSLR

Hi bro,
Thanks for your feebback, it's for DSLR

In that case...it's super cheap. $70 can get brand name ones. I have a Olympus and Nikon bought for $48 and $70 respectively.

Sometimes shops can sell you converter made for camcorder and pass it off for dslr. Important lesson is never to make a hasty decision. SLS is the last place to buy anything else other than PC parts. :cool:

Hi Bros & Siss,

eh....

do you mean $120 or $1200?

1200 is really :bigeyes: for simple glass and plastic mount (simple compared to multiple elements + motor + stabiliser in a lens).

but what's done is done. wow, i just keep hearing bad stuff about SLS retailers. why doesn't some industrial/ consumer watchdog or even the police just go down as undercover and catch these folk? or is that not a lawful thing to do - to catch unlawful acts?

OMG! :bigeyes::eek:

$1200 is no small amount!
I sure hope it is a typo for $120?

Think can go burn down that shop already! :angry:

OMG! :bigeyes::eek:

$1200 is no small amount!
I sure hope it is a typo for $120?

Think can go burn down that shop already! :angry:
Yes is SGD1200!! she even brought the tourist board personnel to they and filed the small claim but the shop owner dont even care and ignore her.....
ye

eh, can hint the name of the shop ? The least we can do is to make sure that none of our tourist friends get anything from them ... But S$1200 for a filter should have set off some alarm bells.

Yes is SGD1200!! she even brought the tourist board personnel to they and filed the small claim but the shop owner dont even care and ignore her.....
ye
Could you please give more details? At least the shop name? Now that there is even an official investigation ...

ye
Tourist Board Personnel? :think:
There are countries where the "Consumer Watch Dogs" really have sharp teeth and bite some buttocks. But that's not in Singapore. File a proper police report, with such a gross overcharging it's no longer just a case of 'tourist markup'.. But then, those shops all pay taxes, haven't seen any tax authority giving away money with a smile.

Hi Bros & Siss,

OMG.. i see a big carrot head on the floor:sweatsm:

THis thing wont cost more than 200 bucks.... go bk and ask for a refund??