Urgent! Help required regarding AirAsia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thheng71

Jun 10, 2004
Singapore, Toa Payoh Nth
Pple out there.
Does anyone ever encountered such problem with airasia.
I have book tickets on 4 Jul flying from Johor to Penang on 23 Sept & my booking is confirmed but y'day night at 1843hrs, someone from AA called me saying that my flight has cancelled. When I reach home & opened my email. Email from AA saying that
"We are pleased to confirm your AirAsia seat and have attached your AisAsia travel itinterary for your reference." I'm confused!!
I have to try to call the guest support & call centre but was not able to reach them. Send email to them for immediate action but in return is what i get from their auto reply.
"Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for contacting AirAsia Guest Support.
We have received your message and our Guest Support staff will reply to your correspondence within 10 working days of receipt.

Thank you for your patience.
Regards
AirAsia Guest Support"

Is there any headoffice in singapore that I can walk-in for advise.

There was an office in Peninsular Plaza 2nd floor. But think it has closed.

Keep trying their call centre.

gryphon said:

Ever seen their office before but do not know whether are they still operating there.
Worse case have to down to changi airport & check it out.

THks for ur reply.

gryphon said:

No point calling them as due to Thailand issue. All lines are busy. And I believe some flight from Sin to Thailand Bangkok is cancelled oso. Saw someone making enquiry at the counter regarding flight to Bangkok. They have to cancel their trip or re-schedule their flight again.

Head down to Changi airport airasia counter to clarify my problem. We will credit back the $ back to my credit card for my flight from JHB to PEN. And my flight from PEN back to JHB is confirmed.

Fyi...
AirAsia counter is at Terminal 1. Counter 11 facing the departure hall.

Just an FYI to people flying on tiger airways. Their helpline is similar to airasia, in that there is never a flesh and blood person that you can get to on the phone. It will just direct you to send an email and they will get back in a couple of days.

thheng71 said:
Pple out there.
Does anyone ever encountered such problem with airasia.
I have book tickets on 4 Jul flying from Johor to Penang on 23 Sept & my booking is confirmed but y'day night at 1843hrs, someone from AA called me saying that my flight has cancelled. When I reach home & opened my email. Email from AA saying that
"We are pleased to confirm your AirAsia seat and have attached your AisAsia travel itinterary for your reference." I'm confused!!
I have to try to call the guest support & call centre but was not able to reach them. Send email to them for immediate action but in return is what i get from their auto reply.
"Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for contacting AirAsia Guest Support.
We have received your message and our Guest Support staff will reply to your correspondence within 10 working days of receipt.

Thank you for your patience.
Regards
AirAsia Guest Support"

Is there any headoffice in singapore that I can walk-in for advise.

The travel iterinary is confirmed and sent immediately thru' email after you have made your online booking. It's almost instantaneous. The cancellation of the flight by the airline came later and the confusion came about because u read your email much later in the day after u received the call.

thheng71 said:
No point calling them as due to Thailand issue. All lines are busy. And I believe some flight from Sin to Thailand Bangkok is cancelled oso...
Glad to know that your problem is solved ... But this is just some other bits of info ....
The Air Asia that travels out of Malaysia and the one that flies from Singapore are actually operated by 2 seperate "companies" ... They may share the same name and maybe even some of the same resources ... but if you took a bit of time to look at the airline codes, you will realise that there are 2 different alpha codes. This is more apparent when you are in Bangkok and there are seperate check-in rows for flights to Malaysia and for flights to Singapore.

So even if there was truoble in Thailand, it should not have affected your flight from Malaysia ... because yours is considered a domestic Malaysian flight.

RGDs

Glad to know that your problem is solved ... But this is just some other bits of info ....
The Air Asia that travels out of Malaysia and the one that flies from Singapore are actually operated by 2 seperate "companies" ... They may share the same name and maybe even some of the same resources ... but if you took a bit of time to look at the airline codes, you will realise that there are 2 different alpha codes. This is more apparent when you are in Bangkok and there are seperate check-in rows for flights to Malaysia and for flights to Singapore.

So even if there was truoble in Thailand, it should not have affected your flight from Malaysia ... because yours is considered a domestic Malaysian flight.

RGDs

THks for ur explaination. Anyway I'm back from PEN oreadi. :) This is my 1st time flying with AirAsia may/may not b my last...

For those who has book / goin to fly with AA, pls take note:
Under the Terms & conditions, article 9.2 Cancellation, Changes of Schedules: At any time after a booking has been made we may change any flight where we reasonably consider this to be justified by circumstances beyond our control or for reasons of safety or commercial reasos. In the event of such flight cancellation, we shall at our option, either:
(a) carry u at the earliest opportunity on another of our scheduled services on which space is available w/o additional charge and, where necessary, extend the validity of ur booking; or (b) should u choose to travel at another time retain the value of ur fare in a credit account for future travel provide that u must re-book w/in three mths therefrom.

Status
Not open for further replies.