Urgent Help needed from fellow CS members esp those in Serangoon Gardens, Kovan area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golgotha

Aug 20, 2004
Melbourne/Singapore
Dear all,

At the risk of getting flamed, I sincerely ask for your help.

Today, 11/04/06, while walking home from Kovan MRT towards Highland area. I came across two golden retrievers. They were walking around aimlessly, and were almost knocked down by vehicles a couple of times. Fearing for their safety, I called out to them. Well, maybe I should MYOB. Anyway to cut a long story short, the two of them ended up following me home.

So now I have 2 GRs in my home! I'm keeping them here overnight for their safety. Worried that they either get knock down or captured by some other pple.

I ask all those who are staying around Kovan, Highland, Lowland, Serangoon, Serangoon Gardens; to help keep a look out for anyone looking for their lost dogs or anyone who knows that someone/family have lost 2 GRs.

Do inform me should anyone of you have any ideas. I also expect lots of pple trying to claim them as their dogs, so I will only believe them if they can describe the dogs/collars they are wearing and also their dog tags.

Anything just update in this thread or PM me. Thanks

poor doggies....

1) check newspapers tomorrow
2) Call SPCA / AVA (to check, cause the dogs, if wearing some tags, should have the owner;s info)
3) If u bring them to a pet shop, they can check the their id... i forgot what is the thing called liao... the tag that's under their skin, the owner should be able to id with that number..

Poor doggies :cry:
i better go check on mine~ Just in case their are mine

Oh, just to add, I've also brought them to walk around the area for about an hour or so, hoping to find someone looking for them....sad to say I don't see anyone looking for lost pets neither were the 2 smart enough to know where their home is.

Golgotha said:
Oh, just to add, I've also brought them to walk around the area for about an hour or so, hoping to find someone looking for them....sad to say I don't see anyone looking for lost pets neither were the 2 smart enough to know where their home is.

yeah you can try to check with pet shops near the mrt station, i usually see posters of lost pets there.. so far i only saw one auntie walking GR dogs here at simon late.. i'll try to see if she still walks them, if not maybe it's her dog..

I;ve checked with 1 pet shop who always have worried owners going to them when they lost any dogs.....so far no news. Just feeling a bit strange........how come there are missing and i don't see anyone out looking for them or they have wandered too far away from home?:dunno:

zyle said:
yeah you can try to check with pet shops near the mrt station, i usually see posters of lost pets there.. so far i only saw one auntie walking GR dogs here at simon late.. i'll try to see if she still walks them, if not maybe it's her dog..

Thanks. Do let me know if anything turns up.;)

I think best is check with SPCA or AVA...got any dog tags on them?maybe have some form code that can reference with the authorities.

Yup marvin, got dog tags. But i suspect it's uselles...will tell you in PM.

Pretty sound advice so far. No collars or dog tags on them? If they have a microchip tag embedded it would make it a lot easier. Just bring them down to a vet and/or pet shop to scan...

You can try putting up found posters in your area too.

Also http://www.pets.com.sg/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25 ... its a long shot but you can try there...

Golgotha said:
Yup marvin, got dog tags. But i suspect it's uselles...will tell you in PM.
bro you can bring them to the pet shot.. can ask them a favor to scan microchip on their necks.. the microchip contains the owners particulars; name, address and phone number..

thanks, will do that tmw............only prob is I'm working hahaha.....they came at a wrong time. I won't be around from thurs onwards..........really hope to find the owners soon, hence this thread.........anyway tmw after work will go to the various pet shops ard here.............

raptor84 said:
Pretty sound advice so far. No collars or dog tags on them? If they have a microchip tag embedded it would make it a lot easier. Just bring them down to a vet and/or pet shop to scan...

You can try putting up found posters in your area too.

Also http://www.pets.com.sg/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25 ... its a long shot but you can try there...

Don't really trust pet forums..too many nonsensical pple around. No offence .............anyway will take everyone's advice. Will go to pet shops tmw evening. Also prob take pics of them put them up........excuse to use my cam n try my new printer hahahha.;p

djork said:
to lose a dog is ok.. maybe it ran out on its own.. but to lose 2 dogs at the same time is kinda...

My friend came over to assist me........ they were very obedient actually.but when I examine them closer, i have some feelings they might be abandoned. Hope I'm just sensitive.......

Unless some owner deliberately dump them...

how can 2 GRs roaming around... together:think:

Hmm you mean the dog tags got no serial number or name/contact of owner? Thats kinda wierd. ideal situation would be that they have been microchipped. the owner cna be traced very easily that way.

I seriously hope this is not another case of abandonment... nice of you to give them a safe heaven:thumbsup:

i also hoped they are not abandoned............when i saw them together running around.......i felt somthing not right liao.......... I almost kenna heart attack when one of them almost got knocked down by a taxi while running on the road............

Now they are sleeping soundly in the garden, but i can't sleep cos my own dog is jealous and making lots of whining sound in my room!

raptor84 said:
Hmm you mean the dog tags got no serial number or name/contact of owner? Thats kinda wierd. ideal situation would be that they have been microchipped. the owner cna be traced very easily that way.

I seriously hope this is not another case of abandonment... nice of you to give them a safe heaven:thumbsup:

Got no. on the tag but it's a really old tag .............and i mean old.......perhaps passed from dog to dogs. I know of some pple who wants to save some $ from license fees, use tags from other pple's dogs........also to avoid being fined for not having a licensed dog.

The price you pay for being the good guy :) Hope you can locate the owner soon ( and scold him/her for being so irresponsible ) ... maybe if i'm free after classes tml i pop by see can? hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.