URGENT HELP! Know any old dilapidated building?

juzmitz

Oct 26, 2007
Hi all, I'm having an urgent problem! I've always wanted to take bridal PS at those old dilapidated buildings and everyone even my BS kept telling me "Oh don't worry your photographer will know where to go." So I kept chasing for a meetup with the photographer beforehand to tie all these down.

I just got back from a meeting with him and he says that he doesn't know any such buildings in Singapore! He said all the pictures that I showed him are of buildings that have been torn down or demolished already! I'm currently in a mess because my photoshoot is this coming Saturday I do not have ANY PS location to go to.

Please advise if you know any such old buildings that I can do my PS at! Thank you all!

Here's some pics I want to achieve:

HELP!! :cry:

Last edited:
There is the OCH but i think it cannot be accessed anymore. Theres also one in Punggol area. Im not really sure about it but you can try to search one of those threads concerning Punggol. I think to use that as a photo location you might need to trespass as well.

There is the OCH but i think it cannot be accessed anymore. Theres also one in Punggol area. Im not really sure about it but you can try to search one of those threads concerning Punggol. I think to use that as a photo location you might need to trespass as well.

The Maltida House in Punggol?
http://www.spi.com.sg/spi_files/punggol_kampong_house/main03.htm

you can go to the first school build in johor.. not sure the name, just seen the place. definetly the place you looking for. less than 30mins taxi from JB custom.

Enquire with the locals there..

Why did you link other photographer's photos without credit/acknowledgment? :nono:

Hi all, I'm having an urgent problem! I've always wanted to take bridal PS at those old dilapidated buildings and everyone even my BS kept telling me "Oh don't worry your photographer will know where to go." So I kept chasing for a meetup with the photographer beforehand to tie all these down.

I just got back from a meeting with him and he says that he doesn't know any such buildings in Singapore! He said all the pictures that I showed him are of buildings that have been torn down or demolished already! I'm currently in a mess because my photoshoot is this coming Saturday I do not have ANY PS location to go to.

Please advise if you know any such old buildings that I can do my PS at! Thank you all!

Here's some pics I want to achieve:

HELP!! :cry:

Please do not post other people's images here without permission. It is against the rules of this forum. REMOVE THEM.

I was going to give you some suggestions. But now after seeing your blatant disregard for other people's copyright, I decided not to help you anymore until you remove the direct hot links.

Last edited:
Oh! I'm so sorry. I didn't know that because I have never posted anything other than sales post before! Sorry about that! I really don't know who those photographers are because they were through google images. But now that you have some idea, I hope that you can help! All the places have either been torn down or cannot be accessed...

Sultan Gate got a very old and dilapidated building

Oh cool... what does this place have? To be honest, have never heard of it before!

The area was established since 1928 as Singapore's 1st airport. Many old colonial buildings are still being used at seletar camp (Mindef). But you wont be able to enter the camp. Some old buildings are still outside the camp area IIRC.
Fairly easy to go, and you might try taking pictures at the seletar airport too. Dont venture too far as the west end leads to the sand bungs. Lots of lorries travel to and fro (Lots of unwanted dust)
You could also try Seletar Country Club. It might not look very old but on a clear day, the greens can form a very nice background for a PS

Old Birdcage Walk has been cleaned up already. There used to be old unsued bungalows there, but now they've been renovated and refurbished. It's inside Seletar Camp. And Google Maps/Google Earth now use backdated older maps and that part of Seletar camp no longer looks like what you see in the satellite image.

The problem is with such buildings are that they are mostly either private property or managed by SLA, which means that there could be security personnel stationed there, or CCTV cameras installed. You could get into trouble if you go to these places for a shoot. Yes, people have gone to these places before for photoshoot, but they do so at their own risk.

The only "safe" places I can think of are random abandoned houses on Pulau Ubin, or perhaps Kampung Lorong Buangkok. Or perhaps the old house just beyond Wallace Education Centre at Dairy Farm Nature Reserve.

try old hendon camp. it is situated along changi area.
but be careful if you go there

Nothing wrong wit old hendon camp la... just don't go at night...
:think::think:

afterall its 7mth lol got moh moh around haha

Nothing wrong wit old hendon camp la... just don't go at night...
:think::think:

some areas of the building has wooden flooring and there are some holes in the ground.
sth to take note if you go in the day, otherwise not too bad i feel.

Do note you are trespassing still, and they have CCTV at the entrances so you might want to park not too near and try to go in by the blind spot of the surveillance. ;)

secondly, i went there late at night on 3 occasions. all i can say is don't go there at night alone. there are plenty of bats that makes weird noises and i had a very strong and uneasy feeling when i went there the other time. (which brings up the third point that it is the 7th month now)