URGENT !!!! HELP !!! Found a baby bird

kaiphoto

Dec 4, 2003

Hello I am wondering what bird this is. Can anyone advise me? I think it is a baby baya weaver, but it is extremely green. It was found under a tree but the nest was nowhere to be found.

Untitled by ashwin samales, on Flickr

Last edited:
Suggest post in world of nature to get the baby identified and how to deal with it.
Maybe mod can move the thread over

tried to upload the image but your copyright settings prevented

helped you re-title your thread for more urgent help

hope its still OK

p/s I assume you're concerned about getting this little thing some help first apart from just ID'ing it

Last edited:
Hello ed9119 thank you very much for your assistance. I have managed to go on a computer to link the image properly this time. I brought the bird to a bird shop at tanjong katong but sadly the owners could not ID the bird as well. It is a fiesty little creature... Always barking and chirping and hungry for food all the time. My dad will go back to look for the nest at his workplace on monday. If anyone knows any info on the bird, please do give help. If it is a rare bird i suppose we should pass it to the bird park? If not we are intending to nurse it until it can fly then we can release it where we found it. It seems to be eating well for now.

ps. if it is better mod please help to shift to world of nature. thank you.

Last edited:
Hi Sherwin, thanks for the link. This bird does not have the flight feathers to attempt flying yet. I believe it is younger than fledgling stage.My opinion is that it will take more than a week to get "off the ground" (as the website says). Best case for this bird is to find the nest and put back. But so far we cannot find!

Anyway, this is a video of the bird.

Unknown bird - YouTube

[video=youtube;mrAw7lnyzNs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrAw7lnyzNs[/video]

Last edited:
Call up or email the Jurong Bird Park. Maybe they can advise you what to do.

Why is it breathing so hard ? Seems like is weak and dying....

U find nest at this stage also no use. Human scent contacted and the mother (maybe not there alraedy) will not nurse or feed any way - it will starve to death instead

Good luck nursing it

whats the status on the situation ?

has it eaten anything yet ?

3 days without the parent! I hope the little one is doing ok. you need to bring her to a bird shop and ask for help to force feed her urgently.

You can try calling this number 97837782.

I think it is call ACRES.

They deal with wild animals.

I called them to help to take care of a baby bat before.

Last edited:
coppersmith barbet