URGENT: Found Jack Russell. Foster home needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRiShnDaisy

Sep 19, 2003
Hi, found a Jack Russell. Had a harness on but was wandering around the estate for a while without owner in sight. Took dog home with me but can't keep it for the night due to parental objection. Foster home needed urgently if owner does not respond to 'Lost and Found' notices by 3pm. Dog has some sores/ bumps on his head and inner flap of the ears. Will get them treated. Any taker? Please sms me at 93673415.

f977a74c.jpg

f977a74d.jpg

TRiShnDaisy said:
Hi, found a Jack Russell. Had a harness on but was wandering around the estate for a while without owner in sight. Took dog home with me but can't keep it for the night due to parental objection. Foster home needed urgently if owner does not respond to 'Lost and Found' notices by 3pm. Dog has some sores/ bumps on his head and inner flap of the ears. Will get them treated. Any taker? Please sms me at 93673415.

f977a74c.jpg

f977a74d.jpg

cute but poor dog...i can't keep it, though i like to very much...why not send to SPCA if no one take it?

rncw said:
cute but poor dog...i can't keep it, though i like to very much...why not send to SPCA if no one take it?

Sent to SPCA, sooner or later ganna put down if no one wants it.

If it come with a harness, it should have an owner, might have a microchip implanted in it which can be traced to the owner. The dog might be a runaway dog. The Owner might be searching for it high and low now. Just like my sister's dog who ranaway for 2 weeks b4 some kind soul bring it back.

can give some details as to the location that the doggy was found in? if you worried about privacy, mabbe just the general area? e.g. Bishan Park or the corner of Jalan Death Star and Lorong Vader...

Wah so cute... :lovegrin: :D

Hope the owner can find this doggy soon. How about posting up flyers or put into Straits Times' Lost and Found section...

sometimes...it is not advisable to bring a wandering dog with a harness home.the dog may juz be taking a stroll alone and will go home by himself..by bringing him home,the dog may be lost forever..
i kena once like dat myself,my dog knows the way home and will usually take a walk by himself,a couple took him away and i have to search high and low for him,luckily found them under the void deck..

blurblock said:
Sent to SPCA, sooner or later ganna put down if no one wants it.

If it come with a harness, it should have an owner, might have a microchip implanted in it which can be traced to the owner. The dog might be a runaway dog. The Owner might be searching for it high and low now. Just like my sister's dog who ranaway for 2 weeks b4 some kind soul bring it back.
Hi,
If I am earning my own income and have my own flat, I will love to adopt the dog.

But hai... none of the above. Still living off my parents!

Hai... Maybe 8 years down the road lah...

Regards,
-Michelle- :D

Hi, i do have a jack russell at home myself. I could help u out in terms of allowing the dog to stay at my house for a while. I am just worried that it may not be compatiable with my dog. Sending to SPCA is not a soln if u want the dog alive, becos they disappear within 3mths with no claims or adoption.

i could give the dog a try but no guarantee that i can keep either becos my own dog may fight with him. Do sms me if you can't handle.

song

TRiShnDaisy said:

f977a74c.jpg

f977a74d.jpg

I agrre with ivanloke's suggestion of putting the notice of Lost and found in the doggie's site.. It's good oso to include where you have found him, the time you found him, some characteristics of the jack russell (i think the pic is good enuf).

the owners will be surfing around to check out oso. SPCA should be your very last option :) hope you can unite the poor doggie with its owners soon!

Hi all, thanks for your responses, suggestions and advice. Some replies:

1. Yes, I have also posted at Doggiesite. See http://www.doggiesite.com/yabbse/index.php?board=18;action=display;threadid=12132

2. Yes, it's no good sending it to the SPCA. The last I enquired with them, dog will be put down after 3 days if nobody claims it.

3. Yes, I have put up 'Lost & Found' notices with the dog's pic in the area where I found it, CCK Ave 4, between 8:20 and 8:50am.

4. And yes, Kex, I sure hope this doesn't turn out to be a case of me just being kaypoh and disturbing the poor dog in his leisurely morning stroll. This is probably a case of Murphy...late for work...not exactly best and most comfortably dressed...no available taxis...spotted dog wandering around...went out of sight...appeared again...disappeared again...(read: Been watching it for a while) before I finally went after it. Dog was without a leash and does not respond to obedience commands or whistles etc. Struggled with my barang and finally managed to lug it home with me. Took urgent leave for the day to take care of the whole thing. And I hope I'm not sounding like I'm complaining here because I could never have the heart to do otherwise and left the dog on its own. Thank goodness I've got some responses from some of you here who may be able to foster. I hope it works out. Will update again later.

song said:
Hi, i do have a jack russell at home myself. I could help u out in terms of allowing the dog to stay at my house for a while. I am just worried that it may not be compatiable with my dog. Sending to SPCA is not a soln if u want the dog alive, becos they disappear within 3mths with no claims or adoption.

i could give the dog a try but no guarantee that i can keep either becos my own dog may fight with him. Do sms me if you can't handle.

song
Hi Song

Nvr own a Jack Russel before. It would be very helpful if you can tell us something abt JR - his behaviour, foods, temper, habits, maintenance, etc. Thnks.

Hi Trish. Is this JRT a male or female? If its a male one i wouldnt mind keeping him for the meantime while we wait for owner to respond. Can probably keep my beagle company also. If really no one claims the dog i will keep it.

Hi all, an update. Dog has found a foster in one of us :)
I shall be reporting the Lost & Found to the SPCA tomorrow and place an ad in the Classifieds.
Deadline for owner to respond is: Fri, 12 Mar
If not, the dog will be up for adoption.
I'm starting a list here of those who are interested to adopt the dog. Add your name if you are interested. Be fully aware that it's for a permanent home this time. So enter your name only if you can provide a conducive and good home and is fully committed to the long-term responsibility of pet guardianship. You probably want to give these a read:
http://www.ava.gov.sg/javascript/m5-option2.html
http://www.spca.org.sg/adoption/responsibility.asp

1. Twilo

Thanks,
TRiSh

Hi,

Just a word of advice, it may take some time to trace the owner as SPCA is not well-staffed. So whoever adopts the dog has to be prepared to give up the dog should the real owner come looking for him. It can be quite heart-breaking, especially if you're set on keeping the dog, so please be mentally prepared. I know because I also picked up a JRT last year and informed SPCA about it. Although after a strange series of events, I eventually ended up keeping the dog. She has been living happily with wife and me since.

Cheers.

PS: I think the dog has been lost for some time hence the skin problems. The fur will grow back with proper nutrition and some supplements.

Owner found. Case closed.
:cheergal:

Thanks all who have helped in one way or another. TRiSh appreciates it.

TRiShnDaisy said:
Owner found. Case closed.
:cheergal:

Thanks all who have helped in one way or another. TRiSh appreciates it.

all's well ends well.... :) :thumbsup:

thankfully, there're still kind people like you around...bravo :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.