[URGENT] Cleaning sensor for the first time?

Noxenal

Jan 21, 2012
Hi all,

I'd like to ask where can I be able to have my camera sensor (Sony NEX-5N) cleaned on the spot or buy a simple cleaning kit to clean the sensor myself. My camera is plagued with many 'dust spots' and there's no other alternative but to get rid of them. Of cos, tomorrow is CNY eve and most shops might be closed, but would like to ask for tips and such as to where I can seek help/get equipment to dealing with them preferably during CNY.

Hi all,

I'd like to ask where can I be able to have my camera sensor (Sony NEX-5N) cleaned on the spot or buy a simple cleaning kit to clean the sensor myself. My camera is plagued with many 'dust spots' and there's no other alternative but to get rid of them. Of cos, tomorrow is CNY eve and most shops might be closed, but would like to ask for tips and such as to where I can seek help/get equipment to dealing with them preferably during CNY.

I noticed you put dust within a set of quotations; is it really dust?

If it's dust, have you tried the blower?

how dirty is your sensor? if it's just some dust spots, a blower should be able to blow away the dust.

[Urgent] Search function wanted to find existing threads of the same topic ...
Have you checked your manual? There is also something written about it, I suspect.

Unlikely you will get such service tmr.. Unless someone in the forum is willing to offer his service. I will suggest you going for a wet cleaning if the dust spot is stubborn. Or what you can do for now is to use a large aperture probably f1.4 to f2.8. Usually dust spot are least visible in large aperture. Unless your spot is really huge.

Hi all,

Please adhere to the CS terms of use and SEARCH before your POST. If it's URGENT as you say, you will get MUCH faster results just googling for "how to clean camera sensor" than posting and waiting.

FYI, RTFM. Page 150 of your manual.

http://download.sony-asia.com/consumer/IM/4288171111.pdf

Rashkae said:
Please adhere to the CS terms of use and SEARCH before your POST. If it's URGENT as you say, you will get MUCH faster results just googling for "how to clean camera sensor" than posting and waiting.

Wow. So fierce tonight bro! On fire!

Rashkae said:

Rashkae's not in the best of moods today :l

yea.. sure looks like Rashkae is in a really bad mood..

Hi all,

There's actually a lot of threads on this. I've been posting up a bit of information recently, please refer to thread below.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/cano...ner-can-say-ive-proven-product-effective.html

Thanks guys for the replies. I did search out, however in this thread i was asking for whether there are alternatives to DIY/CSC and such. However at this short notice there should be none and DIY is inevitable... Is it possible to go challenger or camera shops to buy blowers and such? My dust seems to accumulate around the sides of thr sensor... Thanks again :)

Noxenal said:
Thanks guys for the replies. I did search out, however in this thread i was asking for whether there are alternatives to DIY/CSC and such. However at this short notice there should be none and DIY is inevitable... Is it possible to go challenger or camera shops to buy blowers and such? My dust seems to accumulate around the sides of thr sensor... Thanks again :)

yes.. challenger sells blower n other cleaning stuff..

does the dust affect IQ?

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/cons...on-photographic-equipment-services-shops.html
There are two shops listed where the name already indicates service activities.

Should be available in most shops. A cheap $10 blower should suffice.

thanks guys! I'll check them out... :)

Last edited:
Rashkae said:
Haiz... Football team playing badly mah..

u support sabah, newcastle, chelsea or liverpool?

yes you should head to challenger to look for it. though you might wanna check out their website or call in to see if their Funan outlet is still open.

btw CSC is for Canon Cameras. Sony Care is for Sony cameras. however, they do not have a Camera Guy there to do sensor cleaning. you have to check it in and you'll only get it back after a few days

There somebody is willing to take up the job already. lol.