[Urgent] Anniversary Sub-Forums Talks & Walks to go LIVE on THURSday 11th April 2100

okie

anyway the eventzilla registrations for the walks are

21 photowalk 18 out of 40 slots
22 photowalk 5 out of 40 slots
22 infrared photo talk and walk 6 of 12 slots

as at 11.22am this morning

About 378 seats taken out of 5,250 places (7%)

Eddie has informed fotograger.net of the links and hopefully we can catch some attendees from there. Thank you Ed for the initiative.
Eddie, see if you could help inform the other crossing bridges forums to advertise as well in case they have members in town during that weekend. Much appreciated.

There is a DANGER that we might get registrations from public, PhotoMalaysia , Fotografer.Net etc etc where many will register but will not show up for next weekend despite registering

What should we do to avoid a 40% NO SHOW by registrants ?
UP the registration numbers by 20% to 30% to factor for possible no-shows ?

There is a DANGER that we might get registrations from public, PhotoMalaysia , Fotografer.Net etc etc where many will register but will not show up for next weekend despite registering

What should we do to avoid a 40% NO SHOW by registrants ?
UP the registration numbers by 20% to 30% to factor for possible no-shows ?

We have not even hit 10%. I will worry if we can achieve 80% after this weekend.
Due to fire safety regulations, we cannot officially over-register. We can allow walk-ins.

Like I said, if we can sell out 5k seats over the weekend, we can go knock on the doors of the press and sell our program. More publicity even more show up wanting to get in. People will come so long as there is hype. If the event is perceived as worth going to, they will come.

40% no show? the show must still go on. its one thing to have 40% no show for 110 signups (66 pax) than 40% no show for 80 signups (48 pax). I am even comfortable with the idea that once the talk start folks will wander around the rooms to peak and see what the other speakers are doing.

Have faith and patience, we will reach the target at least 90%.

I suspect that even in our forum, our viewership for the event is not extensive. Members have a choice to choose the section they want to visit. Hence a special clubSNAP event section may not be to our advantage. Just take a look at the amount of views vs the amount of visits to CS and some of the other recent posts. Similarly sticky also just killed the thread as many do not see stickies at all.

Some ppl just log in and only visit B&S, some just confined go to Kopitiam, other just go to their brands. It is just natural as we are creature of habit and like to be in familiar places, though there are exceptions. Even mods do that, I know of one who just live in the world of "P", very active there but not anywhere else (nothing wrong with that).

At this point, we need to work hard to "spam" the other threads. I have started with all events. The equipment mainly, the five brands. and Kopitiam. Stickies there will not work, so the upzzz to float the thread routinely may be better. It may be spamming but a legal spamming in CS. I will be spamming every section with relevant posting eg. in the macro I will spam with the talk on Macro by Steve, Digital will be spam with Stafano talk etc

I would like to request for Darren to standby to revive (sorry if we have to be flexible - or flickle depending on how we look at it) the public event zilla and open them for public, probably Mon or tue.. I am trying to contact the SAM Nicole's stand-in (that guy is a gay houdini bo chap guy) to see if they want to do a mailer to their members.

Last edited:
err "Didital" ???

ok jokes aside I already posted in Newbie section last night
today posted in the Infrared and also the Aerial Photography sections

and ..... in General Discussions , Rangefinders , Video sections

registrations look ok .... every 1-3 mins someone is registering if you noticed

Last edited:
Have faith and patience, we will reach the target at least 90%.

At this point, we need to work hard to "spam" the other threads. I have started with all events. The equipment mainly, the five brands. and Kopitiam. tickies there will not work, so the upzzz to float the thread routinely may be better. It may be spamming but a legal spamming in CS. I will be spamming every section with relevant posting eg. in the macro I will spam with the talk on Macro by Steve, Didital will be spam with Stafano talk etc
I have already created the notice that appears to all members on the Talks/Walks registrations - it will appear on all pages.

I have also increased the frequency of the top banner to direct people to the Special Events section.