Urgent Advice on Canon 40D

Status
Not open for further replies.

happydog

Sep 15, 2007
Dear all

Am considering getting a Canon 40D with kit len 17-85 IS USM tomorrow.

1) Is this kit len good and worth the price?
2) Any idea what is the free gifts given? Also what is the best price for this cam with kit?
3) Extended warranty offer with free 50mm f1.8 is for how many mths and how much?
4) Should I get it now or wait till nov or christmas? Is there usually better offer during nov or dec?
5) Canon 40D users, would appreciate if you can advise of any bugs or flaw/feedback with 40D?

P/S : this will be my first DSLR buy, hence appreciate any comments/help.

Thanks so much in advance.

1. For me, should be good enuff for beginners... it's even better than my 400D kit lens
2. No comments...
3. $150 for 1/2 yrs extended warranty(forget how long it extends) + free lens...
4. You can try to wait for upcoming Sitex in Nov... maybe got better promotions~
5. No comments... 400D user

Dear all

Am considering getting a Canon 40D with kit len 17-85 IS USM tomorrow.

1) Is this kit len good and worth the price?
2) Any idea what is the free gifts given? Also what is the best price for this cam with kit?
3) Extended warranty offer with free 50mm f1.8 is for how many mths and how much?
4) Should I get it now or wait till nov or christmas? Is there usually better offer during nov or dec?
5) Canon 40D users, would appreciate if you can advise of any bugs or flaw/feedback with 40D?

P/S : this will be my first DSLR buy, hence appreciate any comments/help.

Thanks so much in advance.

1. i got mine with this lens. good enough to start yourself off with until u know what u want to go indepth.
2. recently the gifts change already. now is tripod and some other lame ass stuff. best price for this kit i think is 2500.
3. the extended warranty promo is over already i think. additional 24 mths. 250 i think.
4. i dont think the pricing will go down. maybe got freebies but unlikely.
5. so far so good with it. i like it because although my first dslr, handling was like 2nd nature.

IT fair coming soon. Might want to try that.

The freebies should be a 2GB CF and a tripod, according to canon web

Thank you all for your kind comments and advice.

As I am going for a holiday next week, was thinking of getting one today. I will think some more and decide.

One question, have u used a SLR/Dslr before? My only concern is that you might be expecting too much out of the cam esp if u using it for a trip in such a short time. Anway, it's a great cam. Bought mine to replace my trusty 300d when it first came out. No problems so far. Word of advice, RTFM.

One question, have u used a SLR/Dslr before? My only concern is that you might be expecting too much out of the cam esp if u using it for a trip in such a short time. Anway, it's a great cam. Bought mine to replace my trusty 300d when it first came out. No problems so far. Word of advice, RTFM.

er..never used a SLR or DSLR before (though I tried my friend's 400D last night, just used some basic setting). had a proconsumer camera.

Thanks bro. I guess i better not buy it now and rush for the trip (i do have other cam to use for the trip). It was just that as i was thinking of getting a DSLR, i was thinking of bringing it for the trip if I bought it. I guess you are right. Thanks so much.

Guess I may buy the cam after my trip or wait for better offer.

Do you know you could rent one just for the trip?
Search thru clubsnap and you will find a guy doing just that. Yes 40D can be rented together with a lens of your choice and a CF card thrown in.

Do you know you could rent one just for the trip?
Search thru clubsnap and you will find a guy doing just that. Yes 40D can be rented together with a lens of your choice and a CF card thrown in.

Thanks for the info.

I bought my 40D with Kit II yesterday. I guess if I am looking for any additional lens in future, I may just rent one to try out before buying.

Also, thanks everyone for all your help and advice.

Thanks for the info.

I bought my 40D with Kit II yesterday. I guess if I am looking for any additional lens in future, I may just rent one to try out before buying.

Also, thanks everyone for all your help and advice.

can share where u bought and wat is the pricing/package? TIA!

Hmm... Since you had bought the camera, hope you will enjoy the camera. Try to get familiarised with the camera before you go for the trip. :)

can share where u bought and wat is the pricing/package? TIA!

Hi. I bought at John for SGD2580 (body + kit 17-85mm). It came with 20DVD+R, tripod, 2GB CF card.

Hmm... Since you had bought the camera, hope you will enjoy the camera. Try to get familiarised with the camera before you go for the trip. :)

Thank you. I will try to familarise myself with the cam before I go for the trip. Wish me good luck...haha..

1. For me, should be good enuff for beginners... it's even better than my 400D kit lens
2. No comments...
3. $150 for 1/2 yrs extended warranty(forget how long it extends) + free lens...
4. You can try to wait for upcoming Sitex in Nov... maybe got better promotions~
5. No comments... 400D user

Hi there... is there a Sitex in Nov? Any idea where will it be held and when is the exact date?

Status
Not open for further replies.