Urban Lotus

mabmy

Jan 19, 2009
Simei
1. In what area is critique to be sought?
I would like to know if there is anything odd about this picture in terms of post processing.

2. What one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
I have seen many great photos with the same composition and would like to try one myself but have decided to remove some distracting elements in the composition.

3. Under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
This picture was taken right after the sun had set with 2 exposures, one for the foreground, and one for the background, manually blended in ps. Didn't realize I had to go really low to take this shot and had some people are giving me that weird look of what am I trying to shoot.

4. What the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
I think the picture is ok but I think the background lacks in sharpness compared to the foreground. I also think it would have been better if a lotus is present on the leaf. Just a bit uncomfortable knowing that i had removed some distracting elements in the composition and wonder if it's really obvious the the viewers.

9715918879_7ef199c386_h.jpg

Like you said, the plants in the foreground aren't the best looking ones to begin with, nevermind the focus. I don't know what you have taken away from the photo so no comments for that. Overall, this is not a photo I would consider well thought of or executed. There's not much foreground interests and background appears unbalanced.

Reactions: kei1309
alamak, the plant looks dead, no flower.

y not crop away the "real" buildings, too much, i rather u compose the mirror reflection of the buildings n the plant.

Thank you for the c&c. I appreciate it. Keep it coming so that I can evaluate this photo further for future improvements. :)

As posted, your image of the urban lotus is not particularly compelling. Perhaps you could have a bit of creative license with the image, and present the urban lotus from an unusual perspective for greater impact.

e.g.
9721803665_8778137618_o.jpg

Reactions: kei1309
As posted, your image of the urban lotus is not particularly compelling. Perhaps you could have a bit of creative license with the image, and present the urban lotus from an unusual perspective for greater impact.

e.g.
9721803665_8778137618_o.jpg

Wow! That is indeed a very creative way to frame it! Definitely looks different than usual! :thumbsup: