urban life in motion

jopam69

Dec 27, 2012
singapore
1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Post-processing, composition, and anything that could help my creativity in the future.

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
to show the movements ones eyes do not see on how fast our world is moving around us. the busy urban life of singapore and how its reflected in the photographers image.

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
this was taken when i was planning to do a photowalk alone. but my girlfriend said she wanted to go out to buy some stuff, so instead of going for my PH, i just decided on going with her while bringing my camera along with me. i was just waiting for her outside the mall when i saw these 2 girls having a puff in front of me. for me at that time they look like they are the epitome of the kids nowadays,nonchalant, but one can clearly see how hectic life is in a singapore street...and in a rush hour at that. and i had this image of capturing them in a photo, and to reflect with how we live most of our lives right now- on a rush. so here's to urban singapore.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
id rather know what other people think of it.

8362857745_f6731f5f2c_c.jpg

Last edited:
what shutter speed you used?
i like the motion blur around while you manage to keep the subject sharp.

i'd like to see more of a "rush" around the 2 girls...so suggest throwing the BG out of focus more....this will help to heighten the focus on the main subject as well as the contrast between them and the hectic world around them.
e.g.
8368001130_4386b8a7e4_o.jpg

I think you have used too small an aperture, making most of the surrounding very much in focus (such as taka jewellery in the background). And that sign was the first thing that caught my attention.

You may want to invest in an ND filter and shoot at wider aperture to better isolate your intended subject. It takes some practicing if you wanna do it in broad daylight. Another option will be to try this kind of shot at lowest ISO after sunset. :)

wow this is really awesome how u reedited this image.. i like it better than my editing. thanks for the tip. will keep that in mind next time!

15'' i think bro. thank u so much for the feedback1

@wolfton thank u for the advice man.will keep it in mind, its just that i had difficulty doing this at that time coz it was such a rush.. thanks though, deeply appreciated.