Urban Farming anyone ?

I have curry leaves plant, lime trees, rue at my place.
I also have Sabar snake grass plant want to give away, who is interested to have it?

I have curry leaves plant, lime trees, rue at my place.
I also have Sabar snake grass plant want to give away, who is interested to have it?

I am thinking of planting some chilli padi actually..

Does his get the mandatory 2 ticks for water saving for the watering of his plants? Or is he recycling his bodily organic output aka uxxxx. LOL

Does his get the mandatory 2 ticks for water saving for the watering of his plants? Or is he recycling his bodily organic output aka uxxxx. LOL

All the hobbyist farmers would be encouraged to be using own "organic fertilizers" like our parents' time.

Our neighbours may just have to get used to the smell. :)

All the hobbyist farmers would be encouraged to be using own "organic fertilizers" like our parents' time.

Funny thing is why "organic" veg, fruits etc are more expensive huh? Since the recycled organic fluid that contains both the water/fertilizer is absolutely FOC!

Not to mention that you also save on the toilet flushing water!! LOL LLL

Last edited:
Wa, this is good idea man.
Think they really must reward me for coming out with this brilliant idea of saving water.
Using/recycling your own waste!
Heh, isn't that what they are doing with the New-water? Except without the fertilizer portion.

Funny thing is why "organic" veg, fruits etc are more expensive huh? Since the recycled organic fluid that contains both the water/fertilizer is absolutely FOC!

Not to mention that you also save on the toilet flushing water!! LOL LLL

Wa, this is good idea man.
Think they really must reward me for coming out with this brilliant idea of saving water.
Using/recycling your own waste!
Heh, isn't that what they are doing with the New-water? Except without the fertilizer portion.

you can't use flesh human poo and pee on gardening, you might kill yourself, your family and your neighbours. and most probably your neighbour will kill you first before you killed by your own poo.

anyway, if you are keen to make gardening fertilizer from your own crap.

here are the information;

http://www.motherearthnews.com/organic-gardening/human-waste-zmgz11zrog.aspx#axzz2xM1yC5jf

http://grandpappy.org/gcompost.htm

beside eating them, can shoot some photos also.... :)

Timelapse immediately came to mind, was about to ask then saw that you posted the links :p
Love the blooming timelapses. How long was each bloom in actual time?

Timelapse immediately came to mind, was about to ask then saw that you posted the links :p
Love the blooming timelapses. How long was each bloom in actual time?
from budding till full bloom is about two days, but the blooming part is only takes 10 hours, so I shot the 10-12 hours timelapse. :)

Reactions: kandinsky
Met a elderly lady during a cruise last year, she is from Malaysia, she and her husband stay in terrace house, she grow vegetables in her garden, according to her, it is more than enough for two persons daily meals.

but most of us stay in flats, not enough space, and sunlight to grow our own vegetables for our own consumption. .

My other half used to run an enclosed High Pressure Aeroponics (HPA) unit complete with air-conditioning for her strawberries experiments in the balcony but we ran out of real estate and decommissioned it.

Sg land is sexpensive, so we should only grow high-value crops.
Since HDB is 99 year lease hold, we should aim to grow 100-year old ginsengs.
For condos with 999 lease, can grow 1000-year old ginsengs.