URA photo competition

Status
Not open for further replies.
kahheng said:
Yup, make a stupid statement like that and then try to weasel your way out later jackass!. ;-) .......

I didn't realise that my posting a simple competition link would kick up such a ruckus:

But golly, the tone of some the posts here are equally dumb to begin with: e.g., write to MP, write to newspaper.........how freaking childish can you be? If you feel that there's some wrong with the rules, just write to the organisers for crying out loud. Obviously someone intelligent already has................

U know something? I agree that my blanket comment may have offended Kit and I have apologised, though to me it is a true to a certain degree that URA has more architects than most organisations and I wish that the consciousness of these issues would be higher there.

Call me jackass, shrug, alright...it's ok, I guess I deserve it to a certain extent. Apologies Kit.

But I seriously do not think that you calling everyone else freaking childish is much appreciated or very mature.....but oh well, it's free speech here:) Cheers to u, no hard feelings....

Simple.

Don't agree to terms, don't take part. If you feel that you're being rip-off, don't take part.

Yea, free speech plus whining and bitching is part of the culture here. Need not take these folks too seriously.:devil:

No one's pointing a gun at anyone's head to force them to join anyway. Maybe to some, their intellectual properities is worth more than $2k, well, good for them! :thumbsup:

surfs said:
But I seriously do not think that you calling everyone else freaking childish is much appreciated or very mature.....but oh well, it's free speech here:) Cheers to u, no hard feelings....

That really shows how mature YOU are........... :nono:

kahheng said:
Yup, make a stupid statement like that and then try to weasel your way out later jackass!. ;-) .......

I didn't realise that my posting a simple competition link would kick up such a ruckus:

Yes, let's face it, it would have appeared that the competition rules as they were originally prepared came across rather unreasonble (I didn't actually read about it since I was merely passing along news of this competition). I am at least glad that something good has come out of all this - that the URA has amended and clarified that it's only the winning entries that will be reused down the road for their publications and exhibitions.

But golly, the tone of some the posts here are equally dumb to begin with: e.g., write to MP, write to newspaper.........how freaking childish can you be? If you feel that there's some wrong with the rules, just write to the organisers for crying out loud. Obviously someone intelligent already has................

I think your are absurd for calling people jackass! and childish! :angry: :nono: No one offended you, yet you throw abuse at others, unless you are related to URA in one way or another. :think: Next time save your energy and don't bother to pass any message least you get offended for no reason. :thumbsd:

shutterbug said:
I think your are absurd for calling people jackass! and childish! :angry: :nono: No one offended you, yet you throw abuse at others, unless you are related to URA in one way or another. :think: Next time save your energy and don't bother to pass any message least you get offended for no reason. :thumbsd:

Absurd? Nope. Honest, yes. He IS a jackass (hmm, unless you are one too and you can't see that............ oh, yes, you really can't I can tell)

Offended me? Of course some of these posters have, including YOU! You have offended my sensibilities as a Mr Nice Citizen. ;-)

kahheng said:

Yes, let's face it, it would have appeared that the competition rules as they were originally prepared came across rather unreasonble (I didn't actually read about it since I was merely passing along news of this competition). I am at least glad that something good has come out of all this - that the URA has amended and clarified that it's only the winning entries that will be reused down the road for their publications and exhibitions.

Surf has already made his stand clear. Why the fuss again? :nono: Wonder who is the dumb one. :devil:

Pepper said:
Surf has already made his stand clear. Why the fuss again? :nono: Wonder who is the dumb one. :devil:

Of course he has made his stand clear. He's standing in turd.

The dumb one? You mean you?

Pepper said:

Forget him, let's stay out of this angry Mr "Nice" citizen. So "nice" is his tone. Chao! :bsmilie:

shutterbug said:
Forget him, let's stay out of this angry Mr "Nice" citizen. So "nice" is his tone. Chao! :bsmilie:

I like you and your dimwitted friends so much that I have added all of you to my buddy list!!! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

shutterbug said:

:bsmilie: :devil: :thumbsup: :blah:

:bsmilie: I can't believe this :bsmilie:

I was feeling apologetic for my un-intended comments, now I feel freaking amused.....this is one amazing world!

surfs said:
:bsmilie: I can't believe this :bsmilie:

I was feeling apologetic for my un-intended comments, now I feel freaking amused.....this is one amazing world!

I agree. I am freaking amazed at your amusing stupidity. :bigeyes: :dunno:

:) cheers :)

*sigh* Reminds me of this lizard from Dolittle saying "so young so angry" :cheers: :cheergal:

To everyone else except kahheng: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level and then beat you with experience.

To surf: Yep. Let's sit back & enjoy the free show... Let us be amused. ;p

AReality said:
Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level and then beat you with experience.

hey, that's sounded familiar.... ;) Sounds like a quote from a pal of mine.

canturn said:
Simple.

Don't agree to terms, don't take part. If you feel that you're being rip-off, don't take part.

Yea, free speech plus whining and bitching is part of the culture here. Need not take these folks too seriously.:devil:

No one's pointing a gun at anyone's head to force them to join anyway. Maybe to some, their intellectual properities is worth more than $2k, well, good for them! :thumbsup:

yup..fully agreed. best comments in this thread so far :thumbsup:

oeyvind said:
hey, that's sounded familiar.... ;) Sounds like a quote from a pal of mine.

Oeyvind: The point of quotations is that one can use another's words to be insulting.

eikin said:
we should all send in pictures of Stanford Library to remind them of the loss of a precious collective memory ... it used to be the favourite hangout of so many Singaporeans anyway (...and they are partially responsible for the demolishing of Stanford Library :bheart: )

DOUBLY SECOND DAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.