Upload/posting pic for public viewing

e69087

Aug 17, 2005
Northern Singapore
Guys & gals,
I have a question…I joined a few groups on my facebook account. How do I upload/post a photo whereby it will appear for every group to view? I have already set my photo for public viewing.
Right now if I upload on a general page, the photo won’t appear on the various groups’ pages for viewing.
Appreciate any help rendered.

You would have to post it in each group. I don't think FB has a 'broadcast' to Groups function. If you are the admin of a Group, your posts (on behalf of the Group) will appear in all the members newsfeeds, but it doesn't work the other way around.

You would have to post it in each group. I don't think FB has a 'broadcast' to Groups function. If you are the admin of a Group, your posts (on behalf of the Group) will appear in all the members newsfeeds, but it doesn't work the other way around.

Thanks for the reply.
So in other words, if I join in 5 groups, I need to post the same photo 5x in each group section in order for all the members in each individual group to view & comment the pic.
On top of that…I also need to post the same pic on my page so that it will appear on my page newsfeed.
But then somehow I find that some members in a particular group posted their pic & they appeared both at the group section & also on my general page newsfeed.
Wonder how it is being done?

But then somehow I find that some members in a particular group posted their pic & they appeared both at the group section & also on my general page newsfeed.
Wonder how it is being done?

That's correct. Nothing to wonder about as this is expected. :)

If you post something in Group A:

1) It will appear in Group A
2) It will also appear in the newsfeed of the people who have joined/subscribed to Group A. In general, you will receive notifications of any activities of people/pages/group you are following, unless you have unsubscribed from notifications, or opted to remove them from your newsfeed.

People who are in Group B/C/D/E won't see it.

If the people in the group "follow" your posting.

The photos will appear on their screen when you post your photos.

If you want the photos to appear in the group page, you must use the "share" link and type in the group name.

Thanks once again.
I think i know what it is all about now.