Upgrading from Nikon D3000 for concert photography...

diffy24

Nov 23, 2009
Hi!

I don't know if this is the right place to post, but I need advice on upgrading my camera.

I usually take pictures during concerts. I know SG cannot take much since security is tight, so I usually fly around following a certain group to snap pictures.

Have been using my Nikon D3000 with a Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 lens... however, I am thinking of upgrading my camera to something with better image quality and faster shutter speed...

Does anyone have any recommendation on what camera to upgrade to?

Thanks! :D

In low light environments you might want to consider the D7100 or d600 and a fast lens, depending a lot on your budget.

Hi!

I don't know if this is the right place to post, but I need advice on upgrading my camera.

I usually take pictures during concerts. I know SG cannot take much since security is tight, so I usually fly around following a certain group to snap pictures.

Have been using my Nikon D3000 with a Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 lens... however, I am thinking of upgrading my camera to something with better image quality and faster shutter speed...

Does anyone have any recommendation on what camera to upgrade to?

Thanks! :D

If you want to stick with Nikon then prepare to pay more but if you want something that will deliver you might try a Pentax K3.

Advanced features.
Weather sealed.
magnesium alloy body
Glass penta prism
Low light capability
Dual SD memory slots
plus many more...

If you want such features from Nikon or canon they are found only in top models meaning pro level.

http://www.us.ricoh-imaging.com/dslr/K-3_

http://www.digitalcamerareview.com/...3+dslr+awesome+pictures+weatherproof+flagship

Last edited:
Depend on ur budget really. From cheapest D7100, D3s, Df, D4. These machine allow you to use higher and higher iso without significant increase in noise or lost in detail. Higher iso with same aperature result in higher shutter speed.

Another way is to use a faster lens, mainly 70-200 F2.8 for your case. These can range from Sigma, Tamron or nikon. Price also huge difference. The main difference is sharpness and focusing speed. Having these lens allow you to use a larger aperature. A larger aperature with same iso give u a higher shutter speed.

If you are really rich then u can upgrade both.

Use mirrorless cameras if you want to get past security.

If you prefer to stay on Nikon dSLR system, then most realistic upgrade would be the Nikon D7100 with some fast lenses.

If you have the cash, go for the Nikon D3s or D4.