upgrading from 18-70mm to(please reccommend)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chickenwing

Sep 2, 2006
i was using a 18-70mm nikon with my d70 and i am looking for and upgrade to a zoom lens around that focal length what would be reccommended? any help would be appreciated

no as in around that type of lens not really zoom as in around 18mm+/- to 70mm+/-

You also have the 16-85vr, 18-200vr, both from nikon.

If you want to consider 3rd party, you can try 17-50 f2.8 tamron.

i was using a 18-70mm nikon with my d70 and i am looking for and upgrade to a zoom lens around that focal length what would be reccommended? any help would be appreciated

wat focal length do u shoot most often?

Besides those mentioned, Tamron 17-50 F2.8, Tamron 28-75 F2.8 are gd third party zooms.

Well, high end or low end? I would recommend 24-70 f/2.8 or 24-85 f/2.8-4 or perhaps 17-55 f/2.8 All pretty high end lenses though, and good of course.

For event such as wedding, with lots of movement, I will recommend 17-55 F2.8.
For Landscape, 16-85 VR a good and cheaper option.

i reckon nikon 18-200 VR .... excellent work around camera but take note, its quite heavy..... now i'm really tempted to get tamron 17-50....

There are many recommendations and it all boils down to your needs. As you can see, recommendations have been more or less flying in left right and center, and they will continue to, until you can list a specific set of needs that your upgrade lens must meet.

If not, you'll be upgrading for the sake of upgrading. You upgrade your lens to meet a need, not out of a whim or fancy (well, unless you have money to burn).

i want sharper pictures and brighter colours

Status
Not open for further replies.