Upgrading Advice

afiyy

Jul 19, 2010
On D5000 , thought of upgrading my body.

What can you recommend ?

D90, D800 , d300 , d7000 ?

Based on performance, image quality and etc.

I upgraded to d7k from d5k becuz of the BIM, weather sealing, larger view finder, higher resolution, better high iso performance, more buttons to press's etc xD

But before you upgrade u need to ask yourself "why should I?"

I upgraded to d7k from d5k becuz of the BIM, weather sealing, larger view finder, higher resolution, better high iso performance, more buttons to press's etc xD

apparently your reason is the same as mine

Haha I see. But my recommendation is to hold your purchase for awhile. From what I know, stocks for d7k are still kinda low, so prices will be high

Haha I see. But my recommendation is to hold your purchase for awhile. From what I know, stocks for d7k are still kinda low, so prices will be high
how much did you sell your d5k for ?

400. Incl 2 batt, 1 batt grip, kit lens and all accessories. But even at that price it's hard to find willing buyers. Check BnS for more accurate pricing

For amateurs (not referring to skill, just people who do photography not as a job), there is usually not much of a reason to upgrade, because any upgrade is just a liability since it doesn't make you money.

That said, upgrading does give one the joy and motivation to shoot. For me I'd say that the D300 isn't worth it now. I'd go for the D7000. The D90 has the same sensor as the D5000, and if the sensor wasn't that old I'd upgrade to it (which I did). Right now imo the D7000 makes much more sense. It'll keep you from upgrading for a longer while

If you have cash to burn to upgrade to the top(D4) then you will not have to worry for another 5+ years xD

D7000, D300s, D800, D4. But the best your wallet can handle. And don't look back.

D7000, D300s, D800, D4. But the best your wallet can handle. And don't look back.

Wrong advice. Always look backwards before any purchase, to check if your gf/wife is there.

brapodam said:
Wrong advice. Always look backwards before any purchase, to check if your gf/wife is there.

Haha! Smart man!

Since TS had included the D800 in his choice, I think he should get the D800. Whats the point of upgrading from a cropped sensor camera to another cropped sensor camera. Just go FF already.

rhino123 said:
Since TS had included the D800 in his choice, I think he should get the D800. Whats the point of upgrading from a cropped sensor camera to another cropped sensor camera. Just go FF already.

TS is rich

no la me not rich .

Cowseye said:
To quote a famous line from a guy I know:

Hoot First! Talk later!

Trololol. Nice. That guy must be a wiseman xD