Upgrading Advice

hmm..reply for you would be. Just get the most expensive you want/can afford.
all the best!!

TWmilkteaTW said:
hmm..reply for you would be. Just get the most expensive you want/can afford.
all the best!!
Fun forget about lenses. No point using d300s with kit lens haha

Fudgecakes said:

Can leh. D800 with Nikon AF-S 50mm f/1.8G!

(I do not favor the older AF 50mm f/1.8D)

Blur Shadow said:
Can leh. D800 with Nikon AF-S 50mm f/1.8G!

(I do not favor the older AF 50mm f/1.8D)

Ayio I said kit lens. Haha. As in 18-55. Ppl will think that you're crazy

It's like buying a porche and skimping on insurance haha

a few years ago, a members who start his hobby with a D70 here, within a year he upgrade his camera to D200, than get D2X once it launched.

he says so he don't have to upgrade his camera again.

maybe it is good idea for you go for D4 straight away, so you don't have to waste any time and money somewhere in between.

PS, upgrading gears ≠ improving your skills.

and without improving your skills, even the most awesome cameras and lenses will become white elephants one day.

catchlights said:
a few years ago, a members who start his hobby with a D70 here, within a year he upgrade his camera to D200, than get D2X once it launched.

maybe it is good idea for you go for D4 straight away, so you don't have to waste any time and money somewhere in between.

and without improving your skills, even the most awesome cameras and lenses will become white elephants one day.

Skills>lenses>body. Only buy other accessories when absolutely necessary

Haha I also wish that that's the case but people are constantly tempted to upgrade. A D3s user might say that he will not upgrade again one year ago but now that the D4 is out, who knows? Its true that the photographer will affect the outcome of the picture more than the gears, make sure you can push the limits of your equipment.

Dosent matter.. Some prefer to buy body first while some do the opposite..buy lens first.
lol.

TWmilkteaTW said:
Dosent matter.. Some prefer to buy body first while some do the opposite..buy lens first.
lol.

Haha. Perhaps. XD

But higher/better iso performance is always a poison for some...

I also upgraded from D5000 to D7000 and I like it very much!

But if you are loaded, can you always go for better models.

chillicutter said:
I also upgraded from D5000 to D7000 and I like it very much!

But if you are loaded, can you always go for better models.

For now, d7k is most value for money on crop sensors xD

For now, d7k is most value for money on crop sensors xD

I'm sure there are a lot of people who are going to disagree with you, as the Pentax K5 has a same sensor, but is cheaper than the D7000. spree I swear I didn't see your post 5 minutes ago.

I'm sure there are a lot of people who are going to disagree with you, as the Pentax K5 has a same sensor, but is cheaper than the D7000. spree I swear I didn't see your post 5 minutes ago.

Haha same thoughts, plus, the K-5 is full magnesium alloy, VS D7000 which is only half.

I 'upgrade' from D5000 to D300. A pre-owned D90 is just a hundred or 2 cheaper than the D300!

I think a pre-owned D300 should be around $900 now against $1.3 for a D7000 (body). Personally I still think the D300 is a better deal. I like the control buttons on the D300 and the feel of the camera. It don't have that plastic feel.

I would suggest you test both before deciding. Of course that is if you are considering only Nikon.

Haha same thoughts, plus, the K-5 is full magnesium alloy, VS D7000 which is only half.

Not to mention the k5 is smaller, has in-body image-stabilisation & arguably better weather sealing.

Although to be fair the D7000 has more AF points, AF during video recording & has dual memory card slots.

Just out of curiousity. What is the name of kit lens that included in d7k if buy from retails?