Upgrade?

coquillages

Jun 3, 2009
Currently I have a pentax k-x for over a year. Thinking to upgrade to k7. Is it wise to do that?

Currently I have a pentax k-x for over a year. Thinking to upgrade to k7. Is it wise to do that?

K7 came out before the K-x. if you want to upgrade go for the K5 or the K-r instead. Unless you tweak the K7 settings, your high ISO photos are not good at all.

yes, I would second detritus and Felix's notion. I was considering a similar move, but decided to suck it up and save up for K5 (or whatever model's out by then). Not to mention I'm also caught in a situation on saving the funds for Body upgrade or get the lenses I want first.

Logic and advice from friends say, get most of the main lenses I'm aiming for as the new camera body upgrade path will be evolving faster than most of us (sans deep pockets) can keep up with. Just my 2 cents on the matter. =)

Last edited:
Thanks guys! I guess I've decided to save up for the K5 instead :)

Yes, go for K-5. Putting the usual caveat that it is not a necessary timeline to "upgrade after a year".

Yeah I would suggest you go for the K-5. But don't wait too long because the big disruption to the Japanese economy due to the earthquake and tsunami will impact Japanese industries both in the short and long term. That might affect availability of key components and prices down the road. Already I'm told that it has already hit lithium ion battery production capacity... speculation that it has already impacted the iPad2 worldwide release. Not to be alarmist but consider getting those extra batteries and Eneloops soon...

Suprisingly the Lithium battery i ordered from Ebay Australia, was mailed from Singapore. =.=

Suprisingly the Lithium battery i ordered from Ebay Australia, was mailed from Singapore. =.=

Nothing new. As a seller, you can choose to sell on country specific eBay sites.

yes , go for K-5.
i had my k-x a year ago and now own a k-5.
so upgrade. . .