Upgrade to Nikon D200?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarNikon

Nov 8, 2005
Rivervale
Hi there

I have been looking at the D200..drooling over it actually. However, when I shared this envy with some guys, they tell me, stick with your D70...the photos are only as good as the photographer.

This troubles me..since I see the photos taken by the D200...the WB and in general the photo quality seems to be great (of course I took into account the lens used) but generally, the D200 seems to churn out vivid and great colours.

Any views on this?:dunno:

Thanks
cheers

Thanks Ortega...I suppose you (and they) are correct then. ok back to the drawing block with my D70 and PS....custom curve thingy I must learn about.

cheers

DarNikon,

I can relate to how you feel... ;)

I bought my D70s for a month, and then sold it to buy my D200... since then, I have never looked back.

Why did I buy D70s? I wanted to know if DSLR was for me. Answer: Yes!

Why did I switch to D200 immediately? Answer: Bigger, Better, Newer!

Are my pictures better since I started? Answer: Yes, I personally think and feel and hope!

Is it due to my D200? Answer: No. I believed I would have improved even with my D70s.

So, if your budget allows for it, get the D200 for the love of the camera, NOT because you think it will make your photos better... Cheers!:D

DarNikon said:
Thanks Ortega...I suppose you (and they) are correct then. ok back to the drawing block with my D70 and PS....custom curve thingy I must learn about.

cheers
the D80 and D200 have a nice and big viewfinder (which i want)
but I will buy lenses first,

since using an old body with new lenses will allow you to do something new
while a change of body with the same lenses will not

if you have the money then BBB

hahahaha...Thanks Merkava74 and Ortega...things i need to ponder on :)

cheers

DarNikon said:
hahahaha...Thanks Merkava74 and Ortega...things i need to ponder on :)

cheers
try a hands on on the D200, like it, buy it and sell your D70 to cover the cost of the D200. Wallet may hurt a little, but u now own the D200 liao. Dun need to look back anymore. The performance jump between the D70 and D200 is, IMO worth the $$ spent. ;)

Then where to get D200 good deals? I don't need those freebies from Comex. ;p

behyx said:
Then where to get D200 good deals? I don't need those freebies from Comex. ;p
Let your fingers do the walking ;) :

AP - Alan Photo, #01-38 Sim Lim Square, Tel: 6336 0922, e-mail: alanfoto@singnet.com.sg
AP-F - Alan Photo, #05-20 Funan Digitalife Mall, Tel: 6883 0922, e-mail: alanfoto@singnet.com.sg
CP - Cathay Photo, #01-11/14 Peninsula Plaza, Tel: 6337 4274, e-mail: email@cathayphoto.com.sg
CP-M - Cathay Photo, #02-215/216 Marina Square, 6 Raffles Boulevard, Tel: 6339 6188, e-mail: email@cathayphoto.com.sg
John - John 3:16, #05-46 Funan Digitalife Mall, Tel: 6337 2877 / 6337 1897, e-mail: richardgan@pacific.net.sg
Lord's - Lord's Camera, 304 Orchard Road #01-79 Lucky Plaza, Tel: 6235 4605, e-mail: lordscom@singnet.com.sg
MS - MS Colour, Block 711 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 8, #01-3501C, Tel: 6457 6380, e-mail: sales@mscolor.com.sg, web e-quote
TCW - The Camera Workshop, 3 Coleman Street, #01-31, Tel: 6336 1956 / 6336 7808, e-mail: tcwkshop@singnet.com.sg
TK - T K Foto Technic, 100 Beach Rd, #02-45 Shaw Towers, Tel: 6292 4533, e-mail: sales@tkfoto.com.sg

Taken from Nikon Price Guide (Singapore) 2005~2006

Or you can PM me for the price I can get. ;)

ortega said:
the D80 and D200 have a nice and big viewfinder (which i want)
but I will buy lenses first,

since using an old body with new lenses will allow you to do something new
while a change of body with the same lenses will not

if you have the money then BBB

Also remember that the D200 is a performance driven piece... You'd need good pieces of glass to make sure the images come out nicely. I have stuck to primes myself just to acomplish this. ;)

Still saving for the better zoom lenses..

my view is ..

take lousy pic with d70 - ok , since if my first cam
take lousy pic with d200 - not okie :bsmilie:

simon80 said:
my view is ..

take lousy pic with d70 - ok , since if my first cam
take lousy pic with d200 - not okie :bsmilie:
D70/s and D200 can take nice pics. If pics from both cams come out lousy, then PLBV liao! :bsmilie:

If you have not yet felt your D70s is limiting for the type of photography that you do most of the time, I suggest you delay purchasing a D200. I have quite a few friends who shoot many great photos just as well with their D70/D70s. If I were you, I'd rather spend the money on photo trips, photo classes/courses, or better lenses.

From a professional's point-of-view, Your camera is only as good as the photographer.

In my studio, I don't hire photographers because they own a D200 or a D2Xs. I employ them because of their 'good-eyes' (yes, even if their images are not to my liking) and PR skills.

That's all I can say.

i STRONGLY believe D70/D70s is more than capable to chunk out winning award pic... an example is the "recent" bigwalk event, the first prize photo was shot by a D70/s iirc

Cheesecake said:
:bsmilie: i heard there's a DSLR that does not need VF now in the market. :bsmilie:

perhaps that will surely fit the description to a 't'. hehehe

YMMV!!!! YNWA!!!!
i think it is from olympus

Status
Not open for further replies.