Upgrade to Lightroom 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macky

Nov 24, 2004
Central
www.heibaiphotography.com
Anyone upgraded or bought LR2 yet? The new features don't really make a big change to the flow, if any. And the upgrade is expensive! US$129!! Not sure if the new features are worth the trouble.

Anyone tried it yet?

u can go to adobecenter.com
check out the videos there

Upgraded since the first day of annoucement. Not bad actually, I can do more creative work using LR 2.0.

Any other 'reviewer' please..... More info the better. :angel:

I'm presently still using Lightroom 1.4 ...... am very happy with it. But like TS, I'm wondering is the UPGRADE worth the money we are paying for.... :sweat:

Isn't there a trial version?

Can't trial over the 1.4 version?

You can concurrently use both 1.4 and 2.0 - the 2.0 software will create a 2.0 catalog from your 1.4 catalog.

Only that catalogs created by a particular software version cannot be cross-read by another version.

For me it too heavy.. When I use brushes, I had to wait few second to see the result. Or, if I still want to use it, I have to upgrade to more powerful computer.

Last edited:
Was using the beta version and LR 1.4.

Correct me if i am wrong.

When using RAW files, i realize that LR 1.4 don't create xmp files. When using LR 2 Beta, it actually creates the xmp files for RAW files which means that i can use them on CS3 and LR.. which is a better choice for photographers like us with multiple HDD of work...

I guess the xmp files are very useful...

Just some info for those (probably very few) who might be interested in running Lightroom on Vista 64 Bit OS.

In both Lightroom 1.4.1 and Lightroom 2 beta, once you are done with the adjustments and export to JPEG or TIFF, the color shifted. It drove me up the wall for some time. Thankfully, I downloaded the release version of Lightroom 2 and it works like a charm :D!!! I did not see this problem Window XP.

I am most impressed with the localized adjustments in Lightroom 2 which in the past you have to export to Photoshop to do. I personally prefer the brush approach than the Control Points in Capture NX ... more direct control.

Last edited:
The full Lightroom 2 is awesome! Among the many additional features on top of the beta version, it has gradient features which allow you to do replace the use of grad filters which I find most useful. And if you are running dual screens, it lets you browse your photo library on one screen while editing the photo of your choice on the main screen. Also, the sh**y sharpening feature on the old lightroom has been dramatically improved upon. Brilliant.

Get the 30-day trial version, you will not regret it.

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?loc=en_gb&product=photoshop_lightroom

In both Lightroom 1.4.1 and Lightroom 2 beta, once you are done with the adjustments and export to JPEG or TIFF, the color shifted. It drove me up the wall for some time. Thankfully, I downloaded the release version of Lightroom 2 and it works like a charm :D!!! I did not see this problem Window XP.

YES! I found that to be the main prob of the old lightroom. Now it works great!

Anyone bought the version from Adobe?
Howcome different pricing when checking out from US and Singapore store?

Is the software available in local stores?

I find it slightly faster... probably due to its new 64bit support... I would say its worth the upgrade...

I took the plunge and upgraded!!

Seems to run faster than the old version. Or is it just my imagination?? Now this version can be run in 64 bit mode. Importing of pictures seem faster. Also seems to run the computer hotter too! I'm using a MacBook Pro. I know it runs hotter because the fans start spinning like crazy!

Anyone else thinks it runs faster?

I took the plunge and upgraded!!

Seems to run faster than the old version. Or is it just my imagination?? Now this version can be run in 64 bit mode. Importing of pictures seem faster. Also seems to run the computer hotter too! I'm using a MacBook Pro. I know it runs hotter because the fans start spinning like crazy!

Anyone else thinks it runs faster?

I found out my workflow seems faster. Tried downloading hundreds of NDP photos faster than Beta version. Something to take note, I am using XP OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.