Update on IT Show at Suntec, from 13 to 16 March

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpenza

Jan 18, 2002
Singapore
www.instagram.com
Was there today for a while and the major camera manufacturers were represented. Saw lots of people trying out cameras and some clubsnappers.

Harvey Norman is selling Nikon cameras: D100@$3888 with additional 2 years extended warranty, 256MB WA Lexar CF, 256MB Sandisk Ultra, Crumpler bag and Airtight case. 0% interest installment plan is available too.

MS Color is at the Canon booth. Saw Hagiwara 512MB selling for $259 there.

There're quite a number of models too. "Lightly clothed" models were distributing pamphlets at the Nikon booth and pretty leather clothed models are at Casio Exilim booth.

Bumped into mpenza as I was going to the IT show. ;p

Most interesting cameras there to me was the Casio EX-Z3 and the Olympus C-350. The Casio EX-Z3 is a really small and slim (20% slimmer than the Ixus v2) 3 MP camera with 3x optical zoom. It was selling for $799 with free 64MB SD + mini tripod.

The Olympus C-350 is an update of the C-300, and is a 3MP with 3x optical zoom as well. The interesting thing is that the list price of the C-350 is only $499, a whopping $200 less than the C-300! And it comes with the some freebies as well.

BTW, the Fujifilm models were definitely the best of the lot! :bsmilie:

Originally posted by reflecx

BTW, the Fujifilm models were definitely the best of the lot! :bsmilie:

;p didn't pay much attention cos the booth is crowded... now I know why ;p

Fujifilm S2 Pro@$3888 with $200 Print Voucher, 2 X 128MB SM, Backpack bag and Airtight case, Tripod, & SM Card Reader....

Originally posted by ivor
Fujifilm S2 Pro@$3888 with $200 Print Voucher, 2 X 128MB SM, Backpack bag and Airtight case, Tripod, & SM Card Reader....

If only they can let you forgo the free gifts and get the S2 Pro alone for a lower price.... can do without all of the free gifts. :)

Regards
CK

Hmmm,
Nobody seems to have noticed that Transcend is selling its CF 30x cards very cheaply:
512 MB - $235
1GB - $550

They all come with a 5-year warranty. This is significantly cheaper than on HWZ's price guide of $279 and $799 respectively.

Fujifilm is giving away 5x 4R digital prints, using their new Fuji Green card where you can use it to print digital films at locations round the island or get them to deliver free to your home or office.

That said, I was slightly stunned by the Nikon girls... :D

Did you guys see the sample prints at Casio Exilim booth?? A little too good to be true leh...

Anyway, yeah nice people there too.
Shots coming later...

;)

Originally posted by mpenza
Would you know which particular booth?

:dunno: Are you talking to me? Errrm, the Transcend stuff are sold at the Memory World booth.

It is even cheaper than the recent Ridata MO. :devil:

Originally posted by Watcher
Hmmm,
Nobody seems to have noticed that Transcend is selling its CF 30x cards very cheaply:
512 MB - $235
1GB - $550....

Wow! Thats cheap!

Transcent SD cards are also cheap... heard it's $158 for the 256MB one....

btw, any good prices for DVDRW drives?

Think canon camera got offer where u buy 1gig at $3-400 for every canon cam bought. Dun blame me if i remember the figure wrong. ;p

Anyone recognise Anne Barshyam from the 'My Dream Girl' contest? She's one of the nikon models...

Really ah? Transcend 30X 512MB at $235??? Mai Tu Liao!!! BUY BUY BUY!!!:rbounce:

Funny incident: Wanted to have my pic taken by the fujifilm people. I asked the girl holding the S602 wat settings she is using, and she had absolutely no idea! Then i asked if I could take a look, and noticed that it was set to 3MP res, at Normal quality. I immediately set it to max 6MP at high Q, and returned the cam to her for my pic to be taken & printed...

I guess fujifilm never bother to train their staff on how to handle or set the cam to their best settings in order to print better quality pics to give to customers. Yah lah... at 4R, no big deal, but still... heh heh... but the girls there quite cute lah... so forgiven.:heart: :D

Was there in the afternoon. G3 and S45 comes with hagiware 128 mb CF, small dry cabinet, mini tripod, lowepro camera case and another item I forgot... G3 is sell at 1299, S45 at 999.

Hagiware CF is selling very cheap... 128 at 79 and 256 at 130. cabinet is selling at 88.

MS Color is dealing with Canon cameras, AP with Casio, Fujifilm by Max Photo, Nikon by Harvey Norman, Olympus by Bally Photo.

The G3 comes with the stuff u mentioned, plus CF reader, wristwatch & a digi photography book, 7 items total.

Originally posted by Watcher
Hmmm,
512 MB - $235
1GB - $550

They all come with a 5-year warranty. This is significantly cheaper than on HWZ's price guide of $279 and $799 respectively.

I believe it's S$249 for 512 and S$509 for 1GB.

Originally posted by Fella

Namah ehz! I just bought 2 @ $270 each last week!!!!:(

Originally posted by Fella
Well, I paid $235 for my 512MB. I did ask the guy about the 1 GB and this is what he told me. May be it is $235 and $509 ! Wah so cheap! Buy! Buy! Buy!

Status
Not open for further replies.