(Up to date)Total spent on gear

Status
Not open for further replies.

irritainment

Sep 16, 2008
bedok
www.facebook.com
Hey Everyone!

I've been in photography for 11 months now n ive did my calculations.
Total, i've spent exactly $2463 on my equipment.

How bout u?
Pls feel free to share. THX!

I've always been curious how much do birders/avian watchers spend on all their gear, not just on super teles, but everything they have. Is $20k enough

Did you count in the electricity that you recharge your battery?

approx 8,000 dollars sgd

Hey Everyone!

I've been in photography for 11 months now n ive did my calculations.
Total, i've spent exactly $2463 on my equipment.

How bout u?
Pls feel free to share. THX!

The trouble with you newbies is that you just have to show off how much you've spent on your camera gear.

Now if I said I spent 125,000 USD in an afternoon at B&H on lenses alone you'd probably call me a liar, and you'd be right in doing so, it was only 83,000 USD.

i don't know, there was this day i was out walking, and then all this equipment dropped down from the sky.........

how to calculate la, i can't even remember how much all my broken tripods cost. gotta love seawater

The trouble with you newbies is that you just have to show off how much you've spent on your camera gear.

Now if I said I spent 125,000 USD in an afternoon at B&H on lenses alone you'd probably call me a liar, and you'd be right in doing so, it was only 83,000 USD.

look dude,
this is just a friendly open topic to noe how much uve spent on ur gear,over the years of experience,especially u PROs,nothing to do wif showing off. for f**k i wanna show off sia? wat do i get if i show off?

stop bein a pain in the ass will ya? if u dnt wanna answer fine. keep ur, whatever opinions u have to urself, ppl like me dont wanna hear it.

gd luck in life yeah?
c u ard.
cheers~!:kiss:

I've always been curious how much do birders/avian watchers spend on all their gear, not just on super teles, but everything they have. Is $20k enough

No.. one good tele is about there already. :sweat:

look dude,
this is just a friendly open topic to noe how much uve spent on ur gear,over the years of experience,especially u PROs,nothing to do wif showing off. for f**k i wanna show off sia? wat do i get if i show off?

stop bein a pain in the ass will ya? if u dnt wanna answer fine. keep ur, whatever opinions u have to urself, ppl like me dont wanna hear it.

gd luck in life yeah?
c u ard.
cheers~!:kiss:

What you don't understand is that only a bloody idiot lists what they have spent or not spent online. It's fair to say that the average professional will have somewhere between 30 and 100K's worth of equipment per format they shoot with. Some will have considerably more gear and some less. If you factor in a professional level studio that will be at least another 20-50K in gear for a basic portraiture studio to several million dollars worth of lighting for a large commercial studio capable of dealing with trucks and busses for example.

The amount an average amateur outside SG spends varies considerably too. In Australia I'd estimate the total at about $1500 for 90% of amateurs and a similar figure in the UK and most of Europe. Singapore is a bubble in terms of equipment ownership (same with Japan) where a lot of top end gear is in the hands of low end photgraphers. This is not the norm globally.

If you really want to know how much gear I have, feel free to PM and I'll tell you. I will not give figures out on an open forum for security reasons.

Last edited:
YEAH YEAH KID,

The basic gist is grow up and stop showing off how much you've spent. Those of us who've been here for a long time are bored to death with every second kid showing how much or little they've spent ... it's an open forum too, so get used to being jumped on by people who know a lot more than you do and who aren't impressed with kiddie like behaviour from snotty little brats.

Comprende?

again i said, im not showing off. just curious on hw u much ppl have invested in this hobby. tats all.im well aware tat im a noob, so i have nothing to show off. i havent been in professional photography across the world for 33 yrs neither am i a businessman. for sure i cannot spend more den u.

which part of tat dont u understand?

cool it guys... its still CNY, so HUAT AH!!!! :D

anyway i think its ok to disclose the amount. Why? makes those pple spent a tad little feels better, you know, the cognitive dissonance can be pretty high at times. for those who spent more than the rest, you feel better too cos you know your financial situation is better than the rest of them. ;)

so chill... have a beer and relax

30K is getting closer to the mark and that's a minimum.

Tialimpeikong!

I think Ian needs to rethink his statements in the thread... for some reason if he doesn't want to contribute, he needs not anger or sprout trouble. Mods, pls be the judge. Thanks :D

Tialimpeikong!

I think Ian needs to rethink his statements in the thread... for some reason if he doesn't want to contribute, he needs not anger or sprout trouble. Mods, pls be the judge. Thanks :D

tialimpeikong, you create clone account?

mods, pls be the judge.

Status
Not open for further replies.