Up coming feature in new DSLRs???

Status
Not open for further replies.
ST1100 said:
Actually, i'm sure it can be done, and possibly will be eventually.

They might need to put two sensors in there - one for the proper high quality capture, and a small one somewhere in the light path (split-prism sounds good) for live preview and 3-colour live histogram.

There are really times when it is very awkward to look through the viewfinder. Shooting backwards/sideways in a car with seatbelt and luggage, shooting very low angles, shooting a lot from a lowered tripod, etc. i'm sure SLRs users have encountered these situations sometimes or other.

A form factor like Sony's DSC 828 but with DSLR type CCD/CMOS and exchangeable lens would be great!

Both the LCD and image sensors are going through a tremendous pace of growth now. Look at number of new cameras introduced in a year. The CG-Silicon technology from SHARP has very fine resolution.

I thing we're not very far from having a "Super Fine EVF" for DSLR. I read somwhere that there's 1280x1024x3 EVF LCD already available. I believe we'll soon see a DSLR with "EVF". One very usefull feature of EVF is magnification for manual focusing, just like the prosumer fixed lens cameras.

smallaperture said:
Currently,those EVF found in some prosumer cams like the CP5700 looks terrible. That's why SLR users still like to see the optical image, thru' the pentaprism. BTW, the D70 has got a penta-mirror - somehow, we still love that pentaprism. Wonder how good it looks - especially for those who are so used to the pentaprism, or is it all in the mind, when the pentamirror is made so good.

so u are to mean that there are technical difficulties in building prosumer cameras too using Optical View Finders. That's probably explain why most DC using EFV instead of OFV? :think:

ST1100 said:
Actually, i'm sure it can be done, and possibly will be eventually.

They might need to put two sensors in there - one for the proper high quality capture, and a small one somewhere in the light path (split-prism sounds good) for live preview and 3-colour live histogram.

There are really times when it is very awkward to look through the viewfinder. Shooting backwards/sideways in a car with seatbelt and luggage, shooting very low angles, shooting a lot from a lowered tripod, etc. i'm sure SLRs users have encountered these situations sometimes or other.

that's why there are stuff like angle finder c from canon for example

Caussway said:
I thing we're not very far from having a "Super Fine EVF" for DSLR. I read somwhere that there's 1280x1024x3 EVF LCD already available. I believe we'll soon see a DSLR with "EVF". One very usefull feature of EVF is magnification for manual focusing, just like the prosumer fixed lens cameras.
With a SLR, I don't even need magnification to see what's in focus!

mervlam said:
that's why there are stuff like angle finder c from canon for example

Just FYI, angle finder C is not meant for that purpose. The relief is terrible, and the diopter must be set precisely to get a sharp image. It's much easier to shoot w/o the finder most of the time. It's like the tripod - it's meant for slow precise work.

Each to his own preference. Give me a optical VF rather than a live LCD preview anytime.

- Save battery
- Reponse time = speed of light
- Reduces camera shake--forces you to use proper shooting posture

For the pheriperal vision stuff, just open the other eye when you shoot!

Ah Pao said:
Each to his own preference. Give me a optical VF rather than a live LCD preview anytime.

- Save battery
- Reponse time = speed of light
- Reduces camera shake--forces you to use proper shooting posture

For the pheriperal vision stuff, just open the other eye when you shoot!

I stand on Ah Pao's side of the VF divide. I prefer optical any day. The images produced by EVF or LCD are really terrible. Anyway I was using a D30 and also a S2Pro (both borrowed) and really the LCD does nothing for the previewing of the shot u have taken. The res of the LCD is so low, it's just for u to check that u have gotten into the frame what u want. The LCD tells u nothing of sharpness and clarity. At least when I look through the viewfinder, I know if something is off since the image comes through the lens and not from some other image capture device which does not reflect the way the lens looks that the context.

Status
Not open for further replies.